Shamrock Foods Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Finance Manager - Manufacturing
at Shamrock Foods Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Finance Manager will be responsible for providing financial support and also overseeing cost accounting activities for the Meat Plant. This position requires a strong knowledge of cost accounting concepts including standard costing, variance reporting and analysis, and overhead allocation. The Finance Manager must have the ability to work closely with operations personnel to understand causes of variance and to ensure that product costs accurately reflect manufacturing processes. Additionally, this role will be responsible for assisting with the annual budgeting process, performing customer and product mix analysis, and creating financial models to support new business growth.
- Plan, organize and direct all activities related to the cost accounting functions
- Work with manufacturing operations to develop and maintain standard costs and Bills of Materials (BOMs).
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare explanations of significant variances
- Coordinate with IT on resolving any cost accounting related system issues and developments to improve the efficiency and accuracy of cost accounting reporting and analysis
- Work with internal customers (finance, operations, marketing, etc.) to set up new items and update BOM’s for formula changes
- Prepare cost estimates of new or special products for establishing selling prices
- Develop timely reporting of production costs versus budget, and analyze labor productivity by production area
- Lead the annual budgeting and ongoing forecasting of plant production costs
- Evaluate financial forecasting tools (currently in Microsoft Excel), and develop recommendations for improving the process.
- Monitor aged inventory levels to enable timely resolution of excess inventory
- Understand and communicate the margin impact due to product & customer mix
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Accounting/Finance with MBA/CMA preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within plant accounting environment with focus on management and cost accounting; candidate must have 1+ years of managerial experience
- Experience with inventory, product cost and work orders in a manufacturing and warehousing environment
- Full understanding of standard costing, accounting systems and procedures
- Microsoft Dynamics / Dynamics 365 experience preferred
- Strong computer skills (MS Office). Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evening shifts, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.