Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASST DIRECTOR OF NURSING - SPLENDIDO
Join our team of experienced professionals who provide high quality care to our Residents. We have an opening for our Assistant Director of Nursing. This position provides clinical oversight for all care venues and day-to-day supervision of the Assisted Living, Memory Support and Skilled Nursing services. Provides staff education, coordinates all MDS (minimum data sets) and care planning processes, and provides administrative leadership in partnership with the DON.
This position works 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and participates in the Manager On Duty weekend rotation.
- Provides clinical oversight and daily supervision of nursing staff in partnership with the DON..
- Responsible for Skilled Nursing clinical operations and assists with Assisted Living and Memory Support.
- Coordinates, monitors and manages the quality and outcomes of resident care.
- Maintains regular communications with residents, family members and staff and provides resident and family education and counseling.
- Coordinates MDS/PPS process including, educating and assisting staff to ensure the timely, accurate completion and transmission of MDS. Assures a safe environment through adherence to all Federal, State and MLW policies and procedures related to staffing, incident reporting, safety and risk management
- Monitors and measures Quality Indicators to ensure that Quality Assurance goals are met. Performs clinical and technical aspects of care according to established policies, protocols, standards of care and practice, regulatory mandates, and within limits of the State Nurse practice Act.
- Continuously monitors and evaluates staffing ratios and patterns in accordance with resident care and services. Supervises and coordinates nursing staff ensuring appropriate staffing levels and excellent resident care
- Selects, directs, develops, educates, counsels and manages performance of staff to ensure high level of resident care.
- Supports efficient operations of nursing department through hands on nursing and/or assuming administrative duties in absence of Director of Nursing
- Provides input regarding staff selection and performance management including performance reviews, recognition and corrective action.
- Participates in “on call” requirements, as applicable. Responsible to cover shifts as a staff nurse, when required.
- Assists in maintaining operating budget for resident care functions. Supports budget process and ensures operational efficiency accountability of nursing department.
Minimum Education, Skills, Knowledge, Work Experience:
Required: Minimum 2 years geriatric nursing experience; effective leadership, communication and presentation skills; current State of Arizona RN license; knowledgeable of related Federal and State nursing regulations; Able to problem solve and set goals with residents and customer- focused approach.
Preferred: Experience with Memory Support and Dementia; Medicare CPR/AED certification. RN with RAC certification and/or proven MDS/PPS reimbursement experience.