Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER - SPLENDIDO
We are seeking a Housekeeping Manager who enjoys serving older adults, leading a team and ensuring compliance to Mather and state regulated cleaning standards. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Housekeeping and Laundry manager with excellent communication and organizational skills. This position has responsibility for overall cleanliness of resident homes, public areas and Care Center areas and also for laundry operations.
This opportunity is a full time salaried position with primarily a Monday through Friday schedule. Ability to work weekends and/or holidays as needed is required.
To ensure resident satisfaction by providing exceptional housekeeping and laundry services and a clean, safe environment for residents, guests and staff according to Mather LifeWays policies and Measures of Excellence.
- Coordinates and assigns laundry and housekeeping activities to staff as required.
- Implements and coordinates cleaning schedules, inclusive of deep cleaning program based on resident agreement, MLW standards and state regulations.
- Implements and coordinates cleaning for Sonora Health Center based on MLW standards, state regulations and health codes.
- Select, train and performance manage housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Consistently maintain on-going inspection program throughout community.
- Respond to and resolve resident concerns in a timely manner.
- Assure all safety and security policies and procedures are followed.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance program with Maintenance, Housekeeping and Concierge and Sonora.
- Maintain housekeeping and laundry supplies inventory.
- Maintain financial control within budget guidelines
Minimum Education, Skills, Knowledge, Work Experience:
Required: High school or equivalent ; progressive housekeeping/environmental services experience, ability to supervise, lead and motivate diverse staff; clear and concise, written and verbal communication skills
Preferred: College; bi-lingual in Spanish; laundry experience
Splendido is a Life Plan Community for those age 55 and better. Thanks to our creative and dedicated staff, we offer residents new possibilities each day—along with resort amenities, numerous options for healthy lifestyles, and a breathtaking location in Oro Valley, Arizona. Splendido includes 196 Terrace and 97 Villa Homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and rehab housing and services, along with multiple restaurants, a fitness center, art studio, a putting green, and more.
Splendido is located at 13500 Rancho Vistoso Boulevard in Oro Valley/Tucson.
What We Offer:
Mather offers a competitive benefits package* that goes above and beyond. Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- 401(k) program with strong employer match
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including vacation days, sick days, personal days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that rolls over year to year, offering flexibility
- Medical benefits with PPO options
- Optional dental HMO or PPO insurance
- Tuition reimbursement promoting lifelong learning
- Employee wellness programs, including free annual wellness screening
- Learning to Age Well Program – employees can be reimbursed up to $130 per year for completion of classes such as music lessons, yoga, or foreign language classes
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance - 100% coverage by Mather
- 501(c)3 public student loan forgiveness program
- Discounted Employee meals
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Expectations of Mather Employees:
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with residents, customers, and coworkers
- The ability to learn new tasks and information and apply to serving others
- A commitment to delivering on responsibilities
- Reliability, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
Based in Evanston, Illinois, Mather is a unique, non-denominational not-for-profit organization founded in 1941. Dedicated to developing and implementing Ways to Age Well, we create programs, places, and residences for today’s young-at-heart older adults. These include senior living residences (The Mather, Mather Place, and Splendido); a variety of community-based initiatives; and Mather Institute, a resource for research and information about aging, trends and innovations in aging services, and more.
Mather values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named one of “Chicago’s Top Workplaces” by the Chicago Tribune for four years in a row, and have been recognized as Illinois’ Healthiest Midsize Employer.
Mather is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment. Please do not state "refer to resume."