St. Mary's Good Samaritan Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor - Pharmacy Tech
at St. Mary's Good Samaritan Hospital
Job Reference #: 19502280
Categories: Grocery/Convenience Stores, Healthcare - Pharmacy, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Responsible for interviewing, training, scheduling, and evaluating Pharmacy Technicians.
- Interview, evaluate, and initiate appropriate promotional and disciplinary action.
- Create and publish the schedule for all Pharmacy Technicians.
- Train all new and established technicians in job functions that relate to their scheduled areas of responsibility
- Supervise and participate in Pyxis refill process. Modify process to meet current requirements.
- Work with the schools for Pharmacy Technicians to allow for training of Pharmacy Technician students
- Assure that all technicians have completed their mandatory trainings in compliance with the OSBP and report technician terminations to the OSBP
- Assist with the ordering/receiving duties of the Pharmacy Purchasing Agent in their absence.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Two years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician required.
- Licensure (as required below) signifies education requirements have been met.
- Pharmacy Technician Permit from the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours a day
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation
SSM Health - System Office –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company. Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.