Steward Health - Corporate
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Director, Public Policy and Government Relations
at Steward Health - Corporate
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 25872
Posted Date: 3/17/2020
The Director is a core member of Steward’s Public Policy and Government Relations team, with a particular focus on Massachusetts. The Public Policy and Government Relations team interacts with all areas of Steward’s integrated health care system, including Steward’s Health Care Network (SHCN), Steward’s Medical Group (SMG), our hospitals and other facilities, and senior leadership in support of Steward’s transformative, fully integrated health care delivery model. Located at Steward’s corporate Boston office, the Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of State policy and government relations in the Northeast region (Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Ohio). The Director will also analyze, collaborate, and communicate with key Federal agencies to ensure current and emerging reimbursement and value-base payment opportunities align with and support Steward’s community-based, integrated health care model.
- Actively participate in the development of Steward’s State and Federal policy agenda with a particular focus on Massachusetts
- Engage with stakeholders to advocate for Steward’s policy objectives
- Proactively monitor and analyze health care legislative initiatives, regulations, and policies emerging from key Federal and State organizations to identify opportunities and risks for Steward, including, but not limited to: the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI), State Medicaid Agencies, State Divisions of Insurance, etc.
- Oversee and/or develop the short-term and long-term policy and financial impacts of major policy initiatives, regulations, legislation, etc.
- Inform and partner with executive leadership, SHCN, SMG, hospital leadership and other business partners regarding regulations, statutory mandates, administrative proposals, or other policies that impact Steward’s integrated health care model
- Manage external lobbyist(s) and / or advisory relationships as appropriate
- Attend external policy meetings and related policy events on behalf of Steward.
- Complete additional tasks as a core member of the Policy Team
- Demonstrate respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of the health care delivery system, health reform, health care finance & policy, including Medicare and Medicaid policy
- Strong communication and writing skills including the ability to accurately and clearly interpret, summarize, and graphically present complex data and policy concepts
- Strong analytic and research skills,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven success with state and/or federal health care agencies
- Work experience inside the Massachusetts legislature or state government strongly preferred
I. Education: BA required; Graduate degree preferred
II. Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years related experience
III. Software/Hardware: Power Point, Excel, Access Proficiency
IV. Other: Strong quantitative skills
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!