Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Director for Emergency Services, REQ 28018
at Steward Health Care System
Experienced Emergency Room Director needed responsible for the ER in Methuen and Haverhill for Holy Family Hospital.
Job Summary: Organizes and administers areas of Patient Care Services to attain the facility's objectives established by the governing authority. Works to continually improve the patient flow process throughout the hospital. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Follows appropriate lines of communication to effectively resolve difficult patient/family/physician/staff situations.
• Responds promptly and courteously to customer (Internal & external)/patient requests.
• Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages.
• Respects patient/customer privacy and confidentiality.
• Accepts responsibility and accountability for own actions with appropriate follow through. Fulfills commitments.
• Consistently presents a positive attitude in working with internal and external customers.
• Responds appropriately and immediately in emergency situations.
• Maintains a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors, and/or staff to provide the highest level of physical comfort, and minimize risk and injury.
• Ensures compliance with regulations to maintain accreditation, licensure and certification.
• Completed all Hospital and Department Specific Mandatory requirements in the prior calendar year.
• Demonstrates knowledge and follows JCAHO Patient Safety Goals. Supports department specific patient safety and quality initiatives as defined by department manager.
• Understands and adheres to Steward Health Care's compliance standards and policies as they appear in CCHCS' Corporate Compliance Program, Code of Conduct and Business Ethics; sponsors and implements initiatives to achieve the System's compliance goals.
• Models behavior consistent with CCHCS's Corporate Compliance Program, Code of Conduct and Business Ethics; ensures that staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and standards specific to their jobs.
• Fosters interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships within the department and the organization.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively building a positive team spirit.
• Makes timely and appropriate decisions in the face of conflicting demands and interests
• Is open, honest and trustworthy; able to acknowledge making a mistake.
• Understands own weaknesses & limitations and works to improve upon them.
• Readily adapts to change and welcomes new approaches when circumstances demand it.
• Utilizes the departmental process to find the most appropriate solution to challenges.
• Exhibits respectful awareness of others' feelings and demonstrates willingness to help others.
• Supports patient care needs in adhering to attendance policies with regards to tardiness, absences, and vacation scheduling.
• Presents a positive reflection on the hospital and its Core Values.
• Exhibits decision making that is astute data based and proactive.
• Ensures fiscally responsible management of assigned areas.
• Facilitates teamwork and communication amongst all leaders, physicians and staff.
• Demonstrates role modeling behaviors which are supportive and cooperative.
• Demonstrates initiatives to identify problems, obstacles and takes action.
• Recruits and retains highly motivated nursing leaders who demonstrate a can do attitude.
• Develops and engages staff in an environment of continuous performance improvement.
• Assumes responsibility for the department of Nursing in the absence of the CNO.
Regulatory Requirements: BSN, MSN or equivalent work experience in as supervisory nursing role. Current license by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a registered nurse. Minimum 5 years prior experience in patient care services.
Minimum Qualifications: Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Basic computer knowledge.