Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emergency Management Coordinator - Part Time - MPMC
at Steward Health Care System
Come work with us at Mountain Pont Medical Center in Lehi! MPMC is a community based, full service hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
MPMC has been serving the health care needs Northern Utah County since 2015. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area grows, we plan to expand with it, offering comprehensive health care services delivered by highly skilled professionals committed to providing excellent care in a friendly community hospital environment. Some of our areas of expertise include: Emergency Care, Women’s Health, Surgical Services, Diagnostic Imaging, and Maternity Care
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at MPMC.
Emergency Management Coordinator
Under the general direction of the Associate Administrator, Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and Emergency Services Director, the Emergency Management Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, and influencing departmental activities and delivery of Emergency Preparedness. The Coordinator must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills to ensure that Mountain Point Medical Center is prepared for any internal or external disaster. The Coordinator supports the Emergency Department in their preparation and management of HazMat events. Supports the HazMat Program. The Coordinator is responsible for staff education for internal or external disasters and must have knowledge of all aspects of Emergency Management. Must have the ability to respond to any emergency events ranging from minor department specific events to community/statewide events. The Coordinator maintains operations within budgetary parameters.
- Must posses a Current Utah State Paramedic Certificaton, BLS, ACLS and PALS certification. Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) required within three (3) years of hire.
- Bachelor's degree desired, but not required.
- Demonstrated skills in training, facilitating and managing large groups.
- Must have a good understanding of Incident Command System, emergency planning, preparedness, response and recovery in regards to emergency management.
- Must have HazMat awareness and preparation training.
- Must be able to work with community organizations in educating citizens regarding emergency preparedness.
- Must have strong planning, program development, and program implementation skills.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to use office equipment: fax machine, multi-line phones, copier machines, and computers.
- Must have strong educational skills and deomonstrate the ability to teach, mentor, educate and facilitae training and education to all age groups as it relates to the job duties.
"Mountain Point Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Female / Veterans/Disabled
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.