Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facilities Manager - Full Time
at Steward Health Care System
Responsible for all supervisory functions within Plant Operations to include hiring, training, performance evaluations and discipline up to and including discharge. Responsible for developing and implementing all policies and procedures for Plant Operations. Responsible for departmental quality assurance activities and compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies. Participates in improvement performance measures within the hospital and Plant Operations in specific. Assures protection and privacy of the patient and health information as attained through written, electronic, or oral disclosure. Assures compliance with all regulatory agencies. Represents department at leadership and management activities within the hospital.
AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Manages service contracts and vendors to improve customer satisfaction, minimize cost and delays.
- Provides guidance to all department staff.
- Assigns and monitors responsibilities to entire staff.
- Participates in completion of performance appraisals.
- Recommends operating capital budgets and monitors allocation of resources.
- Assists with departmental compliance of state requirements, TJC and required inspections. .
- Maintains proper documentation in regards to TJC binders, applicable codes, ordinances, & regulations.
- Operates computerized maintenance systems.
- Assists with establishing policies & procedures that align with the organizations’ overall goals and objectives.
- Orders Parts, Assign’s PO’S, Make’s appointments for vendors and contractors,
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Completion of a college or technical training program in Facilities Engineering principles or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in an acute healthcare facility preferred. Knowledgeable of health and safety guidelines and life safety requirements.