Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Manager, Revenue Cycle PE
at Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under direction of the Sr Manager, Provider Enrollment, the Special Programs Manager will be responsible for development, implementation, and management of complex enrollment programs and initiatives focused on process improvements, remediation, and process reengineering within the Revenue Cycle department. The Special Programs Manager will be responsible for collaborating with the Onboarding team, Operations teams, and partnering departments to define and execute enrollment business programs and initiatives. The Special Programs Manager must be able to conceptualize and envision the impact of change, present findings and recommendations to operations leadership owners and propose new ways to do enrollment on behalf of the Revenue Cycle organization.
Overall program ownership and management key programs, focusing on both short-term initiatives and long-term strategic direction and objectives for the programs.
• Management of cross-functional operations, processes, and workflows within Revenue Cycle that support and service the programs and key initiatives
• Proactive and solutions-oriented management of program operations and integration issues, requiring the ability conceptualize and envision the impact of change, and propose new ways to do business to better meet the needs of Revenue Cycle.
Lead and direct work effort to implement process improvements/redesign, process reengineering, business assessments, and strategy initiatives for Provider Enrollment.
• Review metrics to identify process/system performance, areas for improvement and trends
• Lead in visualizing and effectively documenting future processes / performance metrics and propose recommendations/opportunities through meaningful and useful business deliverables
• Present findings and recommendations to operations leadership and senior management
• Manage and perform enrollment and onboarding related tasks related to assigned projects
• Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent amount of education and experience.
• Experience (Type & Length):
o 5-8 years of experience working within the healthcare administrative setting
o 3-5 years of working with the payor enrollment and/or physician onboarding process.
o Strong project management, problem solving and analytical skills.
o Exhibit a high energy level with flexibility in work habits to schedule.
o The ability to work with minimum supervision, set priorities, and follow through to accomplish results.
o Strong computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
o Demonstrated ability to organize and process complex information and deliver, both verbally and written, in a clear, concise, and articulate manner.
o Strong verbal and written skills to effectively communicate both detail and summary level information to administrators, providers and external departments and managers regarding the recruitment, contracting and on-boarding process for physicians.
o Ability to make policy and procedural decisions and judgments.
o Ability to work independently.