Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Manager (SMG- Administration)
at Steward Health Care System
About Steward Health Care Systems
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
The Quality Manager Position is a Steward Medical Group (SMG) practice based position, responsible for monitoring quality metrics for our risk-based contracts for the Utah market. The Quality Manager will work closely with practice clinical staff and champion driving quality metrics performance.
- Onboard new SMG PCP providers into Utah quality programs and performance initiatives.
- Champion quality performance for any new contracts we add with other payors.
- Incumbent will also periodically review and implement clinical processes and EMR templates in order to improve quality data scoring and capturing.
- Quality Manager is responsible to work directly with our quality payors to improve communication and performance of our SMG providers.
- Develops strong working relationships with SMG clinical practice staff to close gaps in care for patients to improve quality scores.
- Uses data and clinical expertise to drive program performance communicating with key internal and external stakeholder’s to assist in continually improving clinical care and performance using best practices. Maintain/improve quality scores of current SMG providers.
- Meets regularly with internal / external staff to review data and develop strategies that drive continuous improvement.
- Works with management and is responsible for monthly performance targets based on real time metrics as well as claims based data.
- Assists key stakeholders in implementing care via partnered and preferred agencies.
- Demonstrate leadership that creates and fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
- Performs all job functions in compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and company policies and procedures.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Bachelors of science in Nursing or related field
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Utah, or obtain one within 90 days of hire under the interstate compact if switching residency to State of Utah. Must maintain current Interstate Compact (multi-state) license if residency is not being changed to Utah.
- Three years of nursing experience.
- Self-starter able to work as an individual contributor and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence internal and external key stakeholders
- Excellent critical-thinking, observation, written /verbal skills, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate others to execute a plan in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with health care professionals at all levels to achieve established goals and improve quality outcomes. Highly organized and ability to work autonomously.
- Knowledge of leading practice in clinical care and payer requirements.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools including Word PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- EHR proficient.
- Paid time off
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more…