Provide administrative support as part of a team for the Department of Medicine under the direction of the Program Directors for Internal Medicine, Preliminary Medicine and Transitional Medicine Programs.
The position requires a full range of varied and multi-skilled administrative and clerical support to help smooth the operation of the Education Programs. Responsibilities include organization of program based activities including recruitment, orientation, trainee credentialing, scheduling, event planning, maintenance of program and trainee files, purchasing and expense tracking, program and trainee correspondence and assisting with projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinates all residency recruitment efforts:
- Maintains external recruiting Web pages
- Must be proficient in ERAS (electronic residency application system), downloads and assess all applications
- Assists in application selection process
- Establishes and maintain data files for use in rank list for National Residency Matching Program (NRMP - the MATCH), corresponds with candidates and those who are accepted into the training program
- Initiates and coordinates interview process for the department
- Coordinates Medical Student activities in the department.
- Develops new policies in response to new or revised regulations issued by governing agencies or program director
- Act as Liaison with Chief Residents
- Plans and organizes departmental orientation for new house staff
- Provides administrative support to Residency Program Director
- Prepares agendas, attend program related meetings, and produce minutes for meetings (including Clinical Competency Committee and Program Evaluation Committee)
- Prepares all written correspondence, reports, etc, of the Residency Program Director
- Maintains Residency Program Director's CV updated at all times
- Attends annual Association for Program Directors' Educational Meeting
- Maintains accurate files on all current and former house staff and process all credentialing documents on former house staff in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains discretion relative to confidential and sensitive residency program issues
- Acts independently in handling day-to-day operations of the program
- Coordinates scheduling of educational conferences for program
- Plans and prepares annual program graduation dinner
- Manage the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) for program applicants; Responds to applicant e-mails and communicates with applicants regarding their interviews through ERAS; Provide access and assistance to faculty interviewers to enter notes and scores; Manage application statuses and schedule interviews in ERAS;
- Tracks Sub-I and potential applicant meetings throughout the year and input notes into ERAS.
- Coordinates the scheduling of applicant interviews and updates as needed; Update materials for applicants annually and creates folders for each applicant;
- Oversee recruitment e-mail inboxes for the Programs and responds to applicants accordingly
- Plan and coordinate food orders for noon conference and interview season.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the rank meetings for three programs; coordinate rank meeting logistics and provides assistance during the meetings to the Program Directors.
- Work collaboratively with the Directors, Senior Medical Education Coordinator and Designated Institution Official to modify all residency recruitment materials.
Onboarding and Credentialing
- Responsible for onboarding of new residents; PA students and Medical Students. Collaborate with clinical areas, medical staff office, information technologies and other appropriate entities to ensure a timely and efficient onboarding experience;
- Obtain ID’s, parking privileges, purchase white coats and other educational materials as needed;
- Prepare and distribute onboarding packets to new residents; Scan each applicant’s packet to their electronic file in ERAS and send appropriate paperwork to Human Resources; Employee Health and Steward Fiscal department for Direct Medical and Indirect Medical costs from the government.
- Manage the credentialing paperwork for affiliated hospitals (Lemuel Shattuck Hospital; St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center and Tufts Medical Center)
- Obtain limited licenses and work with the Board of Registration in Medicine to coordinate a somooth and timely start date. Obtain DEA numbers, and log in credentials for each new resident in Meditech; Complete Hiring paperwork for each new resident.
- Creates and updates resident facesheets and distributes to faculty
- Prepare paperwork for reappointments and renewal of limited licenses; Meet with resident to complete paperwork before deadlines; Work with residents who are applying for full licenses or fellowship positions.
- Tracks new CRICO forms for each resident annually
- Maintains resident visa and visa paperwork.
- Responsible for orientation; creates schedule of day-to-day activities for orientation including the scheduling of ACLS/BLS, Meditech and Athena training;
- Provides assistance in the management of the Program Director(s)’ calendars; Responds to meetings requests as needed.
- Coordinates the scheduling of Program Director Meetings for the Programs
- Coordinates the scheduling of monthly GMEC meetings; prepares agenda for meetings; takes minutes at each meeting and distributes to departments;
- Requests materials from prospective chief residents for Chief Selection; Coordinates meetings with applicants with Program Director(s), Chief of Service and Hospitalist Group; Assists with scheduling of chief selection meeting
- Ensures program compliance and adherence to Federal, State and other Regulatory bodies such as ACGME, Federation of State Medical Boards, American Medical Association, Education Council of Foreign Medical Graduates; ,American Board of Internal Medicine.
- Provides supervision of resident’s ongoing governing body requirements including Steward Health Immunizations, Steward required Trainings, ACGME Duty Hours, Institutional Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and Credentialing Policies; Required medical certifications (ACLS, and BLS).
Accreditation and Program Review
- Provide assistance to the Program Director to maintain program accreditation with the ACGME; assist with the preparation and submission of the ACGME accreditation application.
- Provide primary support to the Program in coordinating site visits for ACGME and GME Internal Reviews
- Assist the Program Director in the submission of GME Annual Program Evaluation (APE) in New Innovations
- Help with monitoring WebAds, making updates as needed; Annually solicit information from faculty to update WebAds.
- Maintain alumni contact list; provide support in soliciting alumni updates annually
- Monitor medical specialty boards pass rates for graduates from the program and reports 5-year data as required by the ACGME.
- Prepares training verification forms for the Programs and resident files
- Create letters of recommendations for residents as needed
- Prepare preliminary resident completion packets and send to new program directors
- Assists with tracking and processing payments for invoices and reimbursements including program faculty and staff travel and faculty and resident membership dues;
- Orders supplies as needed for Programs;
- Prepares, tracks and updates financial and affiliation agreements with outside institutions.
- Assist in obtaining new meal cards for residents as needed;
- Orders food for morning and noon conferences and recruitment .
Assist Program Director(s), residents and faculty in securing rooms for meetings
- Serve as a proctor during in-service exam testing
- Assist with set up and execution of annual program events such as graduation and resident holiday party.
- Provide support to other departments in reserving conference room as needed
- Assist the Director of Graduate Medical Education (Diane Giacalone) as needed
Residency General Program Duties
- Provide general administrative support to the education programs
- Participate in process improvement efforts across education programs
- Provide general support for trainees for questions
- Support communication with trainees
- Take minutes at education related meetings
- Participate in accreditation activities including data maintenance and collection and organization of materials and activities associated with the accreditation
- Participates in professional development activities
- Maintain general knowledge of all ACGME, and ABIM policies and procedures
- Assist with any miscellaneous projects, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Directors
Medical Grand Rounds
Step 1: Search for, reach out to, and invite speakers to the Department of Medicine’s Medical Grand Rounds held from September through June.
Step 2: Obtain approval from Steward Medical Group for an outside lecturer and send contract information to legal department to prepare Speaker Agreement Contract.
- Send to Hospital President, President of Steward Medical Ground and Guest speaker for Signatures.
- Set up audio visual in Riseman for speaker;
- Obtain a contract number after Steward Medical Group has logged into system
- Prepare check request send back to Hospital President for check request approval then forward to AP for processing
- Follow up needed for timely processing.
Work with and in compliance with Tufts Medical School’s Regularly Scheduled Series (Grand Rounds); prepare forms and obtain CME credit for the Medical Staff participants.
On board 3rd and 4th year Tufts Medial Students. Maintain HIPAA and Employee health information forms from the med school. Handle ID badges, SARFS and parking
Prepare and track invoices to Tufts Medical School for quarterly payment of 3rd year clerkship medial students.
- Reviews ACGME "General and Special Requirements for Residency Training" on an annual basis and as needed; evaluates residency training program to assess compliance with the ACGME requirements, identifies deficiencies and notifies the Residency Program Director, makes recommendations and executes changes to meet standards as warranted
- Maintains, manages the training program in the New Innovations Residency Management Suite, this includes, preparation of all resident/faculty evaluations, rotation schedules, duty hours, scheduling, conferences, portfolio, creates database reports, IRIS preparation
- Coordinates meetings between Residency Program Director, Associate Program Directors, Core Faculty, Specialty Education Coordinators, and other teaching faculty. Coordinates meetings between the residents and Residency Program Director
- Manages and coordinates ACGME-conducted accreditation site visits for training program
- Maintains web-based ACGME accreditation surveys for Training Program, collecting and collating appropriate information from various sources to complete surveys
- Compiles and submits reports to ACGME, American Board Specialty, AMA and other professional organizations as required
- Maintains GME TRACK (resident database and tracking system utilized for the collection and management of GME data)
- Initiates and administers department house staff budget including projections and future needs for program
- Coordination and administration of departmental annual Training Exam
- Performs other duties as assigned