Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Revenue Performance Manager
at Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Revenue Performance Manager, Outsourced Billing is responsible for functioning as the liaison between Steward Medical Group (SMG) and the third party billing companies SMG partners with. Working closely with SMG Revenue Cycle leadership, IT, department leadership, and vendor representatives, the RPM, Outsourced Billing will monitor revenue cycle/billing activities conducted by third parties and identify areas for improvement in performance and process. This will be accomplished by:
• Developing relationships with department leaders, as well as an understanding of their business in order to best assess revenue performance and opportunities for improvement.
• Monitoring KPIs to uncover trends, both positive and negative, in effort to provide feedback and guidance to vendors and operations.
• In conjunction with SMG leadership and vendor representatives, planning and participating in month end close reviews to represent trends and opportunities in revenue and AR.
• Troubleshooting and helping to resolve day to day revenue cycle issues and questions.
• Providing high level project management oversight to ensure established action plans and open items are definitively owned and being driven to successful completion.
• Demonstrate knowledge of SMG departments utilizing third party billers, including org charts, performance, challenges, and opportunities.
• Plan, prepare, and conduct monthly meetings with Department Director(s), Revenue Cycle, Finance, and vendor representatives utilizing metrics and data to support findings and prioritize initiatives.
• Manage communication and coordination of SMG policy and reporting changes to and with third parties.
• Work with vendors to ensure all billable events are reconciled and submitted in timely manner.
• Identify and monitor trends in revenue processes requiring intervention. Work with departments and/or vendors to determine corrective course of action.
• Project manage high priority initiatives to ensure they are driven to successful completion.
• Serve as the liaison and advocate between Department Operations, Revenue Cycle, Finance, IT, and billing vendors to monitor responses to issues/concerns and ensure appropriate and timely follow-through. Act as escalation resource when needed.
• Oversee invoice reconciliation and approval process.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of education and experience.
• At least five years of experience in healthcare revenue cycle operations and/or practice or hospital operations. Experience with Emergency, Radiology, Pathology and Anesthesia (or some combination of) is beneficial.
• Track record of leading growth and optimization projects to successful completion.
• Ability to manage and lead through influence and relationship building.
• Excellent communication and team building skills.
• Experience using analytics, reporting, KPIs and metrics to drive decisions and outcomes.
• Self-motivated, and organized, thrives in fast paced environment.