Steward Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SMG Davis Practice Director
at Steward Medical Group
The Clinic Director is responsible for overall operational, financial, quality and service performance in the various physician practice markets/locations. In addition, the Clinic Director will play a leadership role in creating and executing a strategic plan and identifying and implementing business development strategies to promote growth, improve quality and system performance. Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Practice Operations at Steward Medical Group, the incumbent will have support and autonomy to handle current challenges, and to help recruit and grow the practices.
- Assumes a leadership role and manages the development of business plans that are required for specific projects, divisions, and business units. This requires significant interaction with staff and business professionals as well as presentation to the major departments. Develops business plans and business cases for review with the leadership team.
- Manages and executes specific projects in conjunction with Executive and leadership teams.
- Develops and refines clinic financial forecasts in conjunction with Strategic Planning, budget, and audit processes.
- Develops new and refines existing analytical techniques and resources to enable effective business planning, including market forecasting, competitive intelligence, operational review, and financial analysis. Proactively develops and maintains market intelligence database, including ongoing communication of specific opportunities or threats to the Clinics. Continually reviews and reports market and financial data reflecting the opportunities for clinical growth for the Company. Proactively communicates challenges and issues. Develops presentations for leadership with findings and recommendations.
- Participates in improving organizational performance by recommending areas or approaches for improvement initiatives or activities, performing new procedures, collecting data, and providing input to department discussions. Proactively recommends and develop processes and methodologies to improve the quality and value of the Strategic Planning department.
- Proactively monitors and reports progress against the action plans and objectives related to the strategic plan for leadership team. Facilitates momentum and progress. Analyze to determine risks, concerns and deficiencies, and provides alternative tactics and strategies. Develops the monthly Strategic Plan Progress Report and identifies progress, challenges, and barriers to facilitate action and resolution.
- Supports clinic directors and managers in developing business cases, ROI analyses, and feasibility studies for review with leadership team.
- Supports the department by developing and annually updating the institutional strategic plan, the process of which entails identifying key planning areas, updating current state for each planning area, challenging and updating strategies, assisting with the development of new annual action plans and objectives, and compiling the related operating and capital budget impacts.
- Supports the leadership team to analyze major strategic initiatives that would entail the following: feasibility studies, assessment planning and recommendations, benchmarking, and presentation of recommendations.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required; Master’s degree preferred OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Healthcare experience in leadership, project management and/or equivalent required
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders from all levels of executive management and on an Enterprise wide basis.
- Subject matter expert knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required.
- Subject matter expert level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations (Lines of business or Enterprise), industry practices and emerging trends required.
- Advanced knowledge of project-based methodologies Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor less experienced team members.
- Ability to effectively connect cross-functionally throughout the organization.
We have many plans with various deductibles, that can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you!
Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.