Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Identity Access Management SSO Senior Engineer (L11)
The Identity Access Management (IAM) SSO Senior Engineer is responsible for the design, development, implementation, application integration and improvement of Synchrony’s access management solutions including, but not limited to, Single Sign On & Federation, Directory Services, Multifactor Authentication, and Web Access Management. Architecting these services to be robust and scalable supporting Synchrony’s employees, contractors, clients and customers.
- The ideal candidate for this role will embrace the exciting blend of technical expertise, project management, engagement ability and leadership that is required to be successful.
- Be one of Synchrony’s leading access management and LDAP technical experts
- Develop and deliver to Synchrony’s access management roadmap; including vendor product selection and implementation and delivering new capability within the existing access management platform
- Lead application integration efforts into Synchrony’s SSO, federation, web access management, and directory service products
- Lead development of access management interfaces to CA SiteMinder/SSO services and SSO-effected directory objects
- Develop and maintain an access management integration process detailing a technical integration template and procedure
- Identify identity store sources containing data attributes & values required to complete SAML assertions
- Support technical integration needs (design and development) that facilitate connectivity between SSO, directory, and provisioning tools
- Successfully transition support and knowledge of new application integrations and environment upgrades to Synchrony’s SSO operations team
- Advise business Technology application teams on access management technology issues and opportunities.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or related field, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Information Security OR in lieu of the Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 5 years of experience in Information Security
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the development and/or operational experience with the following product offerings: Oracle Unified Directory and CA Siteminder/SSO (12.52+), including implementation, installation, configuration & administration of web agents secure proxies, gateways and policy servers
- Working experience of CA SiteMinder/SSO domains, realms, rules, responses and policies
- Completed a large, enterprise CA SiteMinder/SSO upgrade
- Minimum of 3 years of implementation experience with SSO and federation using SAML 1.x, SAML 2.0, Oauth, OIDC and WS-federation
- Minimum 3 years Java development experience
- Minimum 3 years Unix/Linux shell scripting and Perl experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting IIS, Apache and WebLogic
- Working knowledge of Sailpoint Identity IIQ, Bomgar Privileged Identity (formerly Lieberman Rapid Enterprise Defense (RED) Identity Management) and RSA Authentication Manager
- Strong analytical and clear-thinking skills
- Excellent team skills and self-motivated
- Experience in enterprise level security in a financial institution
- Experience of designing and using REST/SOAP web services
- Experience with Identity Hubs/Virtual Directories like Radiant Logic FID or Oracle Virtual Directory
- Experience with Identity Brokers/IDaaS solutions like Okta, PingOne, AWS SSO or Azure AD
- Experience with CASBs (Cloud Access Security Brokers)
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Information Technology
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.