Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Product Marketing Manager (L11)
The AVP, Product Marketing Manager will develop and manage the product marketing initiatives for clients on behalf of the Center of Creative Design (previously known as The Studio) within the Products & Value Delivery team. This person will play an integral part in helping the VP, Product Marketing to build and guide a new product marketing team as well as develop marketing programs and communications for Synchrony’s portfolio of products and services.
- Build and develop marketing plans and go-to-market strategies for new, existing and acquisition SYF products & services
- Work closely with innovation leaders, product teams, platform marketing teams and the creative team to identify needs and translate into strategic marketing plans and creative assets for the business
- Tailor marketing plans to various stages of the product life-cycle from launch to market expansions
- Acts as the primary day-to-day contact to usher projects successfully from intake to completion
- Partner with cross-functional, client and creative teams to develop or refresh branding for products in various stages of the product lifecycle
- Support the business with quarterly and annual marketing reviews. Make improvements and refine marketing strategies
- Develop an approach and guidelines for key marketing tools such as product collateral, microsites, virtual trainings, videos, etc. depending on the needs of the platform and the specifications of the product or service
- Ensure continuity of messaging and presentation of SYF products and services among the various platforms and stakeholders
- Document and share best practices amongst team members
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in marketing topics: marketing, branding, messaging, sales/channels, pricing, commercial/go-to-market strategy
- Oversee work of marketing team members ensuring high quality outputs are produced
- Establish KPI's and track performance to ensure marketing plans are delivering expected business outcomes and make recommendations to ensure effective client marketing plans.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree. In lieu of bachelor’s degree, HS Diploma/GED and 11 years of marketing experience
- 7+ years of marketing management or product marketing experience
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Strong product marketing skills including experience developing value proposition, branding/positioning and marketing communications programs.
- Ability to build strategic relationships across functions and levels - comfortable interacting with senior business leaders, presenting to all levels of the organization and gaining buy-in.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to drive desired results (ability to lead clients with a consultative approach)
- Excellent writing, visual and presentation/communications skills
- Proven success in marketing roles requiring self-direction and extensive interaction working cross-functionally in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Communication - ability to clearly articulate ideas, solve problems and create solutions for clients
- Solid blend of strategic thinking and execution.
- Prior team management experience preferred
- Experience in social and digital marketing.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Marketing
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.