Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Analyst, Operations Analytics
Open due to a recent promotion, The Senior Analyst, Operations Analytics is responsible for assessing project benefits and identifying opportunities to improve the customer contact experience. The Senior Analyst, Operations Analytics will be required to use all available tools and resources to thoroughly analyze and assess operational performance and customer behavior. This will involve customer and speech analytics, portfolio, site and metric performance, forecasting and other activities related to enhancing operational performance.
- Provide process focused analytics support to Operations.
- Analyze all aspects of the operations experience, including but not limited to, customer experience, key contact drivers and servicing performance.
- Mentor entry-level analysts
- Ensure all analysis supports appropriate Operations investment decisions and optimizes Operational expenses.
- Design and conduct extensive analysis of performance trends and provide insightful business performance reporting
- Adhere to all analytic standards and support all Operational analytic strategies.
- Design and conduct Ad-hoc analysis as and when required
- Present findings to various management levels
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or in lieu of a degree, 7+ years of analytics experience.
- 2 + years of experience utilizing statistical techniques such as modeling, A/B testing, and segmentation in a work or academic environment
- 1+ years of experience in a work or academic environment extracting unstructured or structured data with strong programming ability in SAS, SQL, R, or other programming languages
- Bi-lingual skills in Spanish are highly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as statistics, mathematics, science, or engineering.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Mentoring experience of entry-level analysts
- 2+ years of analytics experience preferably within the call center or banking environment
- Strong project management, communications, multi-tasking, ability to work independently, relationship management skills are keys to success
- Solid understanding of card industry financial P&L drivers and key sensitivities, with business performance reporting experience
- Ability to present findings to all levels of management
- Think strategically and ability to identify business opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and multiple initiatives
- Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis, glean and form business insights under aggressive timelines
- Ability to synthesize/analyze diverse information, develop and recommend strategies
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 52,000.00 - 110,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Financial Services Operations
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.