Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Consumer Marketing, B2C Leader - Loop Commerce
About Loop Commerce
"Acquired by Synchrony in June 2018, Loop Commerce is a transformative force in the $400 billion Gift-Commerce category. The Menlo Park, CA company helps leading brands and retailers like Banana Republic, Target, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus to eliminate the traditional obstacles their customers face when trying to purchase items as gifts. Among its many offerings, Loop Commerce's patented GiftNow® service integrates seamlessly into retailers' stores to offer gift givers enhanced choices at check out, and gives gift recipients options such as changing the size or color of an item before it ships to allow more confident, faster purchase decisions for shoppers and less hassle for recipients. Loop’s GiftNow is fast growing to become the ubiquitous consumer brand and gifting service, implemented and driven by these leading retailers. On the momentum of GiftNow's success, Loop Commerce has recently expanded with its Gift360 suite of products, to drive further value to retailers and consumers alike, redefining how people buy and receive gifts across the digital and physical worlds. Additionally, ecosystem partners in payments, ad-tech, logistics, social and loyalty and benefiting much from Loop’s technology, capabilities and vast network of leading retailers, and now partnering with Loop to enhance their own businesses.
Loop Commerce and GiftNow have been profiled by numerous news organizations including CNBC, CBS, USA Today, Chain Store Age and Forbes, as changing the game for commerce as it relates to shopping others, and leading the category that is now defined as g-commerce (gift-commerce). The company has also been well recognized in 2016 as the best tech startup in Silicon Valley, and in 2017 was awarded the most innovative company in fintech and commerce. Loop Commerce defines its vibrant culture as being a family-like and fun-loving atmosphere, agile, and focused on defining the leading edge of something meaningful for millions of people. And now, while maintaining it’s start-up culture and fast-pace innovation, Loop has the backing and support of Synchrony to fuel and accelerate its growth and success".
- Own the B2C and B2B2C marketing strategy & execution for Loop - be in the forefront of creating & changing consumer behaviors related to gifting
- Ability to build and manage a team - lead, motivate, inspire: set a direction and rally support to deliver
- Experience in bringing new brands and consumer services to market, including building and scaling consumer awareness, education and adoption
- Ability to influence & develop desired consumer behaviors in gifting space
- Strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day to help reach marketing and sales goals, create a stronger brand, and improve the customer experience
- Develop consumer education that achieves desired behaviors
- Cultivate the messaging/approach on what it means to shop with GiftNow
- Develop the B2C and B2B2C playbooks on what works, how to maximize growth, best practices
- Understand & develop specific strategies for high-season gifting (holiday, Mday, graduation) as well as year-round, evergreen opportunities (birthdays)
- Experience with digital marketing and acquisition channels - from the strategy to tactical hands-on execution
- Experience with, and understanding of both brand and performance advertising
- Understand & drive appropriate loyalty applications to secure customer stickiness
- Conduct consumer research to understand and act on customer insights & behavior
- Develop cadence on real-time marketing triggers to encourage product usage
- Continue to identify opportunities to make consumer experience as frictionless as possible
- Represents the voice of the market and customer as business strategies are developed, as goals are set, and as opportunities for growth - both organic and inorganic
- Work with PR (internal and external resources) to execute on Loop’s strategy
- Strong understanding of customer experience and how we can engage at the right touchpoints to drive usage
- Influence product roadmap based on consumer insights
- Deep domain customer segmentation development- purchaser, recipient, gift customer
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Business or related program, and a minimum of 10 years Marketing experience
- A minimum of 7 years of hands on, marketing experience in the business/direct to consumer space, with a focus on bringing new brands and consumer services to market, including building and scaling consumer awareness, education and adoption
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Master’s degree
- Start-up experience
- Marketing experience preferably in retail, direct marketing, gift card space
- Strong digital commerce understanding
- Ability to navigate & work within a matrixed environment- leveraging the right partners/teams to deliver on desired objectives
- Apply test & learn methodologies to drive stronger understanding on what works and what doesn’t
- Ability to take the intel, analytics, and pull the story together
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to influence
- Passion for opportunities Loop has to offer its customers, retailers & partners
- Outstanding communications, relationship building, and collaboration skills.
- Strategic thinking with ability to develop and implement actionable plans to drive business results
- Proven ability to partner and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated project management skills
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Job Family Group:Marketing
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.