Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Product Manager - Loop Commerce
About Loop Commerce
"Acquired by Synchrony in June 2018, Loop Commerce is a transformative force in the $400 billion Gift-Commerce category. The Menlo Park, CA company helps leading brands and retailers like Banana Republic, Target, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus to eliminate the traditional obstacles their customers face when trying to purchase items as gifts. Among its many offerings, Loop Commerce's patented GiftNow® service integrates seamlessly into retailers' stores to offer gift givers enhanced choices at check out, and gives gift recipients options such as changing the size or color of an item before it ships to allow more confident, faster purchase decisions for shoppers and less hassle for recipients. Loop’s GiftNow is fast growing to become the ubiquitous consumer brand and gifting service, implemented and driven by these leading retailers. On the momentum of GiftNow's success, Loop Commerce has recently expanded with its Gift360 suite of products, to drive further value to retailers and consumers alike, redefining how people buy and receive gifts across the digital and physical worlds. Additionally, ecosystem partners in payments, ad-tech, logistics, social and loyalty and benefiting much from Loop’s technology, capabilities and vast network of leading retailers, and now partnering with Loop to enhance their own businesses.
Loop Commerce and GiftNow have been profiled by numerous news organizations including CNBC, CBS, USA Today, Chain Store Age and Forbes, as changing the game for commerce as it relates to shopping others, and leading the category that is now defined as g-commerce (gift-commerce). The company has also been well recognized in 2016 as the best tech startup in Silicon Valley, and in 2017 was awarded the most innovative company in fintech and commerce. Loop Commerce defines its vibrant culture as being a family-like and fun-loving atmosphere, agile, and focused on defining the leading edge of something meaningful for millions of people. And now, while maintaining it’s start-up culture and fast-pace innovation, Loop has the backing and support of Synchrony to fuel and accelerate its growth and success".
- Lead role in the development of product strategy thru understanding the needs of users, partners, customers and a variety of additional internal and external stakeholders
- Define and manage product roadmaps and backlogs, manage priorities through execution
- Develop detailed product plans, requirements and feature definitions
- Partner and Collaborate cross-functionally in an agile environment thru definition, design, scoping and delivery
- Define, monitor and measure product metrics and KPIs, incorporate learnings into product definition and development process
- Continuously evolve and improve the product by incorporating feedback, and based on user testing, experimentation, data and analytics
- Manage successful products from inception thru successful launch and evolution
- Anticipate the success of user facing product features
- Work independently and make critical decisions to drive business results
- Leverage domain and industry expertise to solve complex problems and execute on effective solutions
- Contribute to best practices for future product initiatives
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or a minimum of 10 year’s experience in product management
- A minimum of 5 years of product management experience
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Proven ability to manage complex products and projects - thru various often competing priorities, constraints and requirements
- Technical background - understanding of the technical aspects behind product features and functionalities
- Master’s degree
- Start-up experience,
- Strong analytical skills - ability to understand the constraints of a design problem and identify the tradeoffs.
- Strong empathic skills - understanding how and why an interface succeeds or fails
- Ability to take the intel, analytics, and pull the story together
- Strong presentation skills/Ability to influence
- Passion for opportunities Loop has to offer its customers, retailers & partners
- Outstanding communications, relationship building, and collaboration skills.
- Strategic thinking with ability to develop and implement actionable plans to drive business results
- Proven ability to partner and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated project management skills
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Job Family Group:Information Technology
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.