Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
National VP of Title
at Taylor Morrison
Job Description SummaryAs a National Vice President, Title Fulfillment working for Inspired Title Services (Taylor Morrison’s in house title and escrow company), you will report to the President and have ownership and accountability for Inspired Title’s title fulfillment operations across the country, including the effective management of personnel, equipment and other resources necessary to run the title operations division. In addition, the National Vice President, Title Fulfillment shall, through actions and conduct, create a positive image of the Company, to coworkers, customers and others.
We trust that as a National Vice President, Title Fulfillment you will: (responsibilities)
- Manage searchers, examiners, underwriters, and policy production teams to produce various residential and commercial title documents pre-closing and post-closing, timely and accurately. Able to manage against production goals and high customer expectations
- Develop and deliver search, examination and underwriting policies, procedures and practices which are consistently utilized when providing guidance to Inspired Title's branch offices
- Provide support for Inspired Title's branch offices on escrow and other operational issues
- Manage the underwriting of national complex, high liability commercial real estate transactions, including title clearance, resolution of title comment/objection letters, reviewing title/survey requirements and negotiation of endorsement/affirmative coverages
- Provide ongoing training support for Inspired Title's title (and if related, escrow) operations
- Knowledge of RESPA and state affiliated business legal and regulatory requirements
- Develop a national network of external title insurance support composed of attorneys and underwriters from any title insurers with which Inspired Title has issuing agency agreements
- Provide support to the legal and compliance departments in the handling and management of general title insurance matters and regulatory and licensing issues
- Respond to requests for Letters of Indemnity
- Assist with claim review and investigation
- Meet regularly with senior Inspired Title leadership to align the title division with the company’s vision
- Work closely with President in creating and implementing division goals, expense controls, and annual budgets for the title division operations
- Maintain collaborative and respectful culture between the TM builder divisions, Taylor Morrison Home Funding and Inspired Title branches
- Assess the competitive landscape for title fulfillment on a consistent basis to ensure the company remains competitive
- Maintain awareness to new government requirements, laws, and policy changes
- Represent the company in civic and professional association responsibilities and activities in the local community, the state, and at the national level, which promote the goodwill of the company
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Ethics & Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Strategic Thinking
About you: (requirements)
- A minimum of 8-10 years; relevant experience with significant title examination and underwriting experience (both residential and commercial) in multiple states
- Some title claims, general litigation, and title insurance regulatory experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead individuals and teams, and obtain results through others
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex title issues or complaints
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentation
- Prefer a licensed attorney with strong law school performance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Interviewing, selecting, and training employees
- Setting rates of pay and hours of work
- Appraising productivity; handling employee grievances or complaints, or disciplining employees
- Determining work techniques
- Planning the work
- Apportioning work among employees
- Determining the types of equipment to be used in performing work, or materials needed
- Planning budgets for work
- Monitoring work for legal or regulatory compliance
- Providing for safety and security of the workplace
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to oversee direct reports daily and provide guidance as needed
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.