Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Practice Manager - Glendale
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Business Office
- Weekly Hours
Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Practice Manager, working as part of a team at our Olive Avenue location. This individual will need to be professional, friendly, a self-starter, organized, and compassionate.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply!
Terros Health offers an excellent benefit package including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Generous PTO/paid sick leave (4+ weeks in year 1)
- Wellness and employee assistance plan
The Practice Manager, under the Agency’s policies and professional requirements ensures the practice meets quality, cost-effective care to all integrated Terros Health patients and assists the site administrator in implementing the Terros Health vision and strategic plan. Participates in department and agency meetings as required, researches policies and procedures related to compliance and/or efficiencies and recommends, develops and implements improvements in practice. Oversees the business and financial operations for the site. Resolves any medical-administrative problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff to ensure high employee morale and a professional, healthful clinic atmosphere. Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep current in the latest health care trends and developments. This position works under the direct supervision of the Practice Manager 2.
- Review and analyze financial data including payor and service mix on a daily basis to proactively manage financial success of the practice. Educates staff on insurances and billing to ensure all patient encounters are maximized.
- Responsible for all aspects of supervision, including Interviewing, hiring, training , disciplining, and evaluating assigned staff to ensure they have the appropriate skill mix to perform all functions of their position while providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Oversees provider appointment schedules and support staff scheduling processes to maintain quality of care and financial stability in the program. Utilizes reports to monitor no show rates and provider availability.
- Provides leadership to the team and models and promotes integration. Demonstrates the ability to work in interdisciplinary teams both internally and externally.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the NexGen electronic medical record and associated billing, reporting functions and documentation requirements.
- Ensures that auditing and monitoring requirements are met; informing management of any deficiencies and working together to develop and implement action plans.
- Demonstrates an understanding of PCMH, FQHC, UDS and other accreditation and regulatory standards and assists in implementation and maintenance in these areas. Provides written reports as needed.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility related to ordering of office and medical supplies and equipment required at the site.
- Responsible for participating in the site-specific marketing activities of the practice. Encourages community education by participation in health fairs and community events to promote awareness.
- Identifies potential barriers to quality care and organizational processes to improve quality and service delivery and communicates them to their supervisor.
- Supervise, manage and ensure compliance with all TERROS personnel, administrative, financial and clinical policies ensures; that staff adhere to all policies and know how to access them electronically.
- Holds at a minimum, monthly team meetings focusing on working as a team, Language of Caring and the delivery of quality care. Holds daily operational meetings.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in related field. If no bachelor’s degree, then Associate degree in related field or medical billing certification or relevant experience
- Two years supervisory experience
- Experience in administration, behavioral health or healthcare
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite and electronic health record system - experience with NextGen a plus.
- Applicant must possess or be able to attain a State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card within (20) days of employment
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 20 working days of assuming role.
- Must have valid Arizona driver’s license, be 21 years of age with minimum 3 years driving experience, and meet requirements of Terros Health’s driving policy.