Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
511141 - GME Admin Lbk
Manages personnel and budgetary matters for a department or college. Exercises discretion and independent judgment to oversee the activities of staff and the financial processes to ensure fiscal responsibility of department/college. Ensures staff and faculty have the resources to complete their work. Usually serves as a hiring manager and employee service coordinator.
Up to 25%
Manages budgetary matters for TTUHSC School of Medicine Office of Graduate Medical Education. Exercises discretion and independent judgement to oversee the financial processes of 28 GME Programs and the Institutional GME operation to ensure fiscal responsibility of TTUHSC SOM GME. Ensures staff and faculty have the resources to complete their work; may supervise subordinate employees, as directed by Managing Director.
- Process the finance and accounting functions of the department
- Prepare financial reports and maintain all departmental accounts
- Assist with the budget prep process for the department
- Responsible for the assembly and analysis of data
- Reconcile funds, purchasing card statements and UMC contract every month
- Prepare and process accounts receivable billing for outside contracts of TTUHSC
- Prepare new fund requests
- Develop and manage complex excel-based financial models
- Process and monitor all purchase orders and direct pay expenses
- Establish and maintain the GME grants, provide accurate reporting
- Process financial aspects of away rotations
- Prepare calculations for stipend increases
- Prepare and monitor cash receipts
- Prepare cost transfers, budget revisions and labor distributions
- Assist as needed during new housestaff orientation
- Maintain financial ledgers/documents
- Prepare financial ledgers in laserfiche
- Other financial duties as assigned
Minimum Hire Rate
Bachelor's degree in finance, plus four years experience
Accuracy and attention to detail
Well written and verbal communication skills
Banner Module Experience
COGNOS Reporting Experience
HSC - Lubbock
GME Admin Lbk
Cover Letter, Recommendation/Referral, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Mid-level Other Admn
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree and four years of experience developing or managing programs or projects. Additional job related education may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?