The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASSISTANT TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position assists in supervising the facility’s transportation operations and personnel. It helps to ensure that Transportation Officers are properly scheduled to transport inmate and vehicles are ready and available. This position may perform the duties of the Transportation Officer when necessary. It also supervises the operations and personnel in the absence of the Transportation Supervisor or Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Transportation Supervisor or Manager in the training of Transportation Officers on the policies and procedures related to transportation of detainees.
- Schedules Transportation Officers work assignments.
- Monitors the Transportation Officers during the preparation leaving and returning from the facility to ensure the care and custody of detainees is maintained as per the organizational and contract requirements. Reports any problems to management for proper resolution.
- Ensures that maintenance services schedules and repairs of all assigned vehicles. Ensures that all defects identified by the Transportation Officer or an inspector are promptly repaired. Reviews maintenance and repair work and newly purchased vehicles and equipment to ensure compliance to company standards.
- Responds, investigates, and prepares reports on any accidents by assigned Transportation Officers.
- Transports detainees in the event of emergencies or lack of Transportation/Perimeter Officer availability.
- Issues orders for vehicle departures specified times and according to posted schedules.
- Ensures Transportation Officers semi-annual weapons qualifications are current.
- Ensures all Mission Trackers are complete and accurate. Maintains documentation and supports records with monthly billings.
- Maintains Department of Transportation (DOT) files.
- Maintains regulatory knowledge by attending at least eight hours per year of transportation or regulatory topics related to transportation activities. Creates networks with transportation authorities to ensure the facility is knowledgeable on transportation activities.
- May perform the duties of the Transportation Supervisor or Manager in his/her absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must meet all of the Transportation Officer qualifications.
- One (1) year transportation experience.
- Valid proper class motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Knowledge of DOT requirements for Hours of Service and Vehicle inspections.
- Ability to set standards and procedures to establish satisfactory levels of performance, quality and productivity.
- Ability to coordinate the demands of the transportation operations
- Effective personnel interaction, communication skills, and problem solving techniques.
- Sound and effective leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively train staff.
- Ability to write reports, memorandum, policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.