The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASST DIR, REGL BUSINESS MGMT (EASTERN)
at The Geo Group
Facility: EASTERN REGION
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Performs advanced business management support work for the regional facilities. Work involves establishing fiscal goals and objectives; developing reporting and procedural guidelines, policies, procedures, and establishing standards for achieving fiscal goals; evaluating business activities; guiding facilities through annual budget process, forecasting, and fiscal close; coordinating business management activities; and planning, assigning and supervising the work of facility business managers. Works under minimal supervision from the Regional Director of Business Management with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the activities of business staff within the regional facilities; establishes fiscal goals and objectives; develops and approves schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving goals; and oversees business management evaluation activities.
- Participates in regional audits; evaluates facility progress toward meeting regional expectations; assists in policy development; performs as Business Manager in absence of facility personnel; and serves as a resource to facility Business Managers in fiscal matters.
- Assists in the guidance, preparation, and uploading of budget requests, overseeing the preparation of budgets, forecasts, and fiscal close procedures. Consolidates facility data for submittal to corporate business management.
- Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of others; and provides technical guidance and direction in responding to financial matters.
- Participates in the oversight of facility business management functions and research studies and recommends improvements; and makes routine visits to facility sites to audit controls and activities, assists in problem-solving, and provides technical guidance.
- Performs a variety of related marginal duties as needed, to include; Political Action Committee Fund management, regional office procurement and accounting, and assisting in regional and corporate business management projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and a minimum of five (5) years of work experience in a financial/accounting position or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Two (2) years of work experience should include the supervision of employees.
- Must possess a working knowledge of General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, and Inventory Control.
- Must have strong leadership ability, sound judgment, and effective administrative ability. Possesses the abilities to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely. Clearly demonstrates the ability to guide, direct and coordinate the efforts of others.
- Must have the requisite skills to audit and evaluate business management operations and activities, review technical data and direct the preparation of or prepare technical reports.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.