The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: NORTHSTAR CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for preparation scheduling and ensuring the quality of all foods and supplies. Monitors and maintains accurate production records. Individual must develop and practice leadership skills and the ability to supervise without intimidation. Responsible for inmate training programs, safety compliance, and monitoring equipment maintenance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares the production/service documents for each meal. Copies next week's sheets as well as production/service record, service plan, tray assessment sheet, pre-preparation sheet, restricted diet invoice, daily sanitation record, and meal delivery records.
- Recipes are extended to the facility population requirements.
- Fills out the pre-preparation and inventory pull sheets before each meal.
- Carries out the orientation and training program for inmate workers.
- Adheres to the sanitation and safety program.
- Demonstrates good communication and human relation skills under the direction of the Food Service Manager.
- Assists the manager in maintaining a high level of good client relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. College credits or technical training courses are preferred by not mandatory.
- Must be able to demonstrate the use and understanding of the facility’s recipes, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate to all personnel the minimum production/service requirements of the job
- One (1) year experience in successfully managing food production in commercial, military, or institutional setting. Prior correctional food service training will be helpful but not mandatory.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.