The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN(CMRC)
Compensation Base: $91,000 annually
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is located in a GEO Group facility in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The Cheyenne Mountain Reentry Center (CMRC) is a 728 bed reentry center that houses Colorado Department of Corrections Level III offenders. The Assistant Facility Director is responsible for the daily security, programs and maintenance operations of the facility through direct supervision of the Chief of Security, Programs Manager and Maintenance Supervisor and reports directly to the Facility Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct supervision and guidance to Chief of Security, Program Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensures overall security operations are conducted in accordance with established GEO and customer polic
- Responsible for ensuring required security inspections of the facility are conducted and documented (i.e., shift, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual).
- Responsible for ensuring the coordination of scheduled inmate transports (e., courts, transfers, medical, etc.).
- Monitors daily program activities to ensure they work in conjunction with established program and building sche
- Collects and evaluates data on performance and identifies areas for improvement and provides recommendations and technical assistance to the facility director, on the improvement of program and facility practices.
- Conducts routine inspections of all areas of the physical plant (interior/exterior).
- Reviews daily security and program staffing to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Investigates alleged staff misconduct and submit written report to Facility Director for review.
- Reviews all required reports (e., incidents, disciplinary reports, work orders, program reviews, inspections, etc.) for accuracy.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Ensure that all employees participate in In-Service training to meet the requirements for continued personal and professional development.
- Act as Facility Director in his/her absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with three (3) years of experience in a community based or secure correctional setting or seven (7) years of experience in a community based or secure correctional setting of which at least 3years experience as a Community/Correctional Manager or Administrator.
- Familiar with Evidence Based programming and practices to support the treatment needs of the CMRC resident population..