The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: CONTINUUM OF CARE
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for the creation and maintenance of a research agenda focused on understanding performance, quality assurance, and intermediate and long term outcomes for community, residential and institutional facilities. The research agenda requires both an academic and a practitioner oriented understanding of the criminal justice system, specifically the implementation of evidence based practices and the impact of programming and intervention on various correctional populations. The incumbent will have the ability to communicate to a variety of audiences both orally and in in writing. This position will work closely with IT and Field Operations to develop comprehensive and efficient methods for creating the necessary data to drive the agenda.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and implements various types of evaluation activities including quasi-experimental research, action oriented research and survey research using both quantitative and qualitative methods to measure program outcomes
- Facilitates research partnerships that bring together operations management, customers and researchers in order to learn from each other how best to improve program outcomes.
- Develops reports and presentations from evaluation activities and research partnerships including coordinating and participating in national conferences and meetings
- Designs and develops performance measurement systems for residential and non-residential programs.
- Plans and designs appropriate methodologies to collect and analyze data for comprehensive statistical reports and studies.
- Recruits and supervises criminal justice interns to assist in evaluation activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Doctorate degree in policy analysis, public administration, political science, criminology, criminal justice, statistics and/or a related field required.
- Seven (7) years of professional level experience in policy analysis, data analysis, research work or quality assurance, preferably in a criminal justice or Corrections setting.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Principles and techniques of tracking and analyzing data.
- Research design and data collection.
- Knowledge of advanced multivariate statistical techniques commonly used in corrections research.
- Knowledge of standard research and investigation methodologies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of theories, principles and practices of modern criminal justice and corrections.
- Knowledge of criminal justice and corrections programs (e.g., evidence based practices, alternative sentencing, and community service programs and probation, parole, detention and pre-trial services).
- Knowledge of current literature, trends and developments in the criminal justice and corrections field regarding Evidence Based Program, Quality Assurance and evaluation techniques.
- Ability to utilize organizational and analytical methods.
- Ability to collect, analyze and present statistical technical data.
- Ability to analyze data systems and determine what items need to be extracted from the system in order to engage in effective monitoring.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop and implement research projects.
- Ability to select proper research methodology and apply it to program planning problems.
- Ability to define problem areas, collect and evaluate data and make effective recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to reason logically and accurately and use sound judgment in the performance of duties.
- Ability to work collaboratively with program staff in deterring what data needs to be accessed, extracted, reviewed and regularly obtained.
- Ability to use computers and the applicable software used by the department.