The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FACILITY PROGRAM DIRECTOR
at The Geo Group
Facility: KERN VALLEY STATE PRISON (KVSP)
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position plans, organizes, directs and coordinates all aspects of the program; supervises all staff; develops, interprets, and administers policies and procedures governing the programs and administers appropriate strategies for recruitment, selection, and retention of staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall administration of the day-to-day delivery of program services;
- Oversees the evaluation, selection, hiring and training of the staff.
- Coordinates processing of invoices and payments.
- Secures approval and orders supplies and equipment.
- Submits monthly progress reports and the weekly Red Flag reports.
- Manages the placement of participants into community-based transitional care services.
- Works with staff and the appropriate institution staff in the planning, directing and coordinating of all program related facility activities.
- Provides a monthly calendar containing the Program Director’s schedule prior to the beginning of each month.
- Ensures that a monthly program services activities plan is posted for the participants, staff, and contractor at the beginning of each month;
- Be responsible for the overall supervision and oversight of all assigned staff.
- Be responsible for fiscal monitoring of expenditures.
- Be responsible for implementation of systems and monitoring techniques to assure agreement compliance.
- Reviews participant treatment files.
- Evaluates staff performance and provide applicable coaching and training; and assure compliance with Company and contractor’s policies and procedures.
- Complies with Company work rules and policies as explained in the Company Employee Handbook and the facility Policies and Procedures Manual and responds positively to directives from management in a cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to standards.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences or related fields and one (1) year of administrative experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences or related fields and two (2) years of administrative experience.
- Demonstrated and documented working knowledge of substance abuse or cognitive behavioral treatment programs.
- In the event that the Program Director provides direct substance abuse services to the participants, the Program Director must be certified as an Alcohol and Drug (AOD) counselor with a certification recognized by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
- Ability to handle a variety of complex tasks; work with public officials; express thoughts logically, in English, in written and verbal form using correct grammar; manage personnel, including hiring, evaluating, disciplining, terminating; determine and manage to budget; delegate, motivate, control and schedule; effectively communicate with residents, line staff and other executive staff members; react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Familiar with current correctional systems, legislation, relevant case law and industry standards and practices
- Knowledge of fiscal processes and fundamentals of management
- Knowledge of contemporary counseling techniques
- Available at all times to handle inquiries regarding the program.
- Ability to handle a variety of complex tasks and work with public officials
- Ability to express thoughts logically, in English, in written and verbal form using correct grammar
- Ability to manage personnel, including hiring, evaluating, disciplining and terminating
- Ability to determine and manage to budget and to delegate, motivate, control and schedule
- Ability to effectively communicate with residents, line staff and other executive staff members and react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer