The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MANAGER, CORPORATE FACILITIES SECURITY SYSTEMS
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for managing maintenance and preventive maintenance of all of the business unit's security systems and perimeter fence systems. These systems include perimeter detection, camera, intercom, door control, program logic controllers, touch screens and perimeter fences. This position is also responsible for evaluating and developing a data-base for all of the security systems for each facility. The data-base will include make, model and serial number for all equipment. This position travels as needed to all business unit facilities for coordination of trouble shooting, repairing and training of their security systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that facilities implement and follow all Company policies and procedures for proper maintenance and preventive maintenance of their security systems and perimeter fence systems.
- Coordinates the trouble shooting, repair or replacement of perimeter security systems to include microwaves, doppler heads, microphonics (shakers), fiber optic (shakers), inferred, ported cable and stun fences.
- Coordinates the trouble shooting, repair or replacement of camera systems to include: cameras, DVRs, NVRs, video matrix and cabling to include cat 5, cat 6 and fiber optic. Communicates with the facility Information Technology (IT) staff regarding all programing issues related to the security systems.
- Coordinates the installation and termination of fiber optic cabling .
- Coordinates the trouble shooting, repair or replacement of door locking controls with the approved vendor.
- Coordinates the installation and replacement of surge and lighting suppression with approved vendors.
- Direct Facility Maintenance Managers and Supervisors throughout the facilities on the dayto-to operations, trouble shooting, and repair of their security systems.
- Schedules and conducts facility inspections .
- Evaluates the facility security systems; creates data base and documents information to include all components, make, model, serial number, commissioning date, life cycle of equipment in years and end oflife expectancy date.
- Verifies that all equipment has the proper life cycle information for budgeting and replacement.
- Ensures that all security systems are entered into computerized maintenance management system for scheduled preventive maintenance. He/she also needs to include all preventive maintenance tasks as required by the manufacturer of the system.
- Verifies that all routine and preventive maintenance work orders for security systems are being submitted and completed according to policy. Contacts facilities when information is incorrect and directs the staff on how to correct it.
- Audits facilities to ensure that all facility security systems and fences are being properly maintained.
- Makes recommendations to management on the continued use or replacement of various security equipment based on computerized maintenance management system.
- Generates monthly reports from computerized maintenance management system to track the activities and repairs of all security systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred or a Journeyman's Certification in Electrical or Electronics.
- Five (5) years' experience in electrical or electronics trade .
- Demonstrated supervisory experience .
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization .
- Ability to calculate estimates and amounts .
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to use computers and software products typically used by the business unit.
- Must be able to travel throughout the country for extended periods of time.