The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MANAGER, SUBSTANCE ABUSE
at The Geo Group
Facility: Bay Correctional and Rehabilitation Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position manages the staff and function of providing substance abuse counseling to the inmates of the facility. It provides treatment for conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse and approves the assessments and reviews provided by the facility’s Substance Abuse Instructors. It may conduct individual and/or group counseling sessions and instructional programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the staff and function of providing substance abuse counseling to the inmates of the facility. Performs the duties typically assigned to a manager including training, scheduling, performance reviews, and discipline.
- Completes and maintains accurate records or reports regarding the patients' histories and progress, services provided, or other required information.
- Counsels patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Develops client treatment plans based on research, clinical experience, and client histories.
- Conducts chemical dependency program orientation sessions.
- Participates in case conferences or staff meetings.
- Coordinates counseling efforts with mental health professionals or other health professionals, such as doctors, nurses, or social workers.
- Reviews and evaluates patients’ progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
- Interviews patients, review records, and confers with other professionals to evaluate individuals' mental and physical condition and to determine their suitability for participation in a specific program.
- Plans or implements follow-up or aftercare programs for clients to be discharged from treatment programs.
- Assesses individuals' degree of drug dependency by collecting and analyzing urine samples.
- Intervenes as an advocate for clients or patients to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Attends training sessions to increase knowledge and skills.
- Modifies treatment plans to comply with changes in client status.
- Provides clients or family members with information about addiction issues and about available services or programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Coordinates activities with courts, probation officers, community services, or other post-treatment agencies.
- Develops, implements, or evaluates public education, prevention, or health promotion programs, working in collaboration with organizations, institutions, or communities.
- Instructs others in program methods, procedures, or functions.
- Trains or provides guidance to Substance Abuse staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certification as a Certified Addiction Professional (CAP) as defined by the State’s Certification Board.
- Two (2) years of experience in a Substance Abuse Counselor.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a substance abuse function.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.