The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3M7CJ6BHS9T17XWMX9
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Facility: MOORE HAVEN CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Responsible for the operation of the Classification Department. Supervises the Classification Counselor and provides counseling services, assists the inmates in adjusting to institutional life and in selecting appropriate self-help, therapeutic, educational and/or vocational programs; and to obtain needed services or changes in assignment. Other related work as required. Serves as a member of the Institutional Classification Team (ICT).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the operation of the Classification Department.
- Provide individual counseling to inmates on an informal basis regarding work and housing assignments, adjustment problems, and family problems.
- Discuss with inmates requests for transfer, job changes, furloughs, promotions, etc. and refer cases as deemed appropriate.
- Determine inmate eligibility for programs and if such programs would be beneficial to the inmate's overall adjustment to the facility.
- Monitor inmates' custody, housing, job and program assignments to ensure all inmates are reviewed in a timely manner.
- Make referrals for inmates with serious problems to professional counseling staff.
- Update facility classification review forms.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Agency’s Classification Plan, applicable court orders or decrees, and ACA standards which relate to classification. Reviews inmate activity plans developed by Classification Counselors to ensure they meet standards.
- Work closely with other departments to determine areas needing additional inmate workers.
- Review inmate medical status to determine inmate's eligibility to work in job assignments.
- Responsible for use of computer application to record educational/habilitative programs.
- Responsible for maintaining and complying with ACA standards pertaining to classification, records, inmate job assignments, and unit orientation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, sociology, or a closely related field is desirable or four (4) years correctional experience or certified law enforcement officer experience with minimum high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Five (5) years in caseload management of offenders in a correctional setting. Experience as a Supervisor preferred
- Ability to prepare written reports; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and to learn rules, regulations, and security procedures required by the facility.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!