The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MGR, REGL TRAINING - CENTRAL
at The Geo Group
Facility: CENTRAL REGION
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position assumes the responsibility for the strategic planning, development, and long-term implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive training program inclusive of professional and supervisory leadership training for employees within the region. Responsible for guiding field personnel with creating, implementing, and managing a training program within the facility that will measure employee competencies and provide an environment of continuous learning. Responsible to collect data and to assist the Corporate Training Director with developing a systems management approach for cost effective training options in order to meet specific needs of the organization and create a high performance workforce. Responsible for ensuring the quality of regional training through effective needs assessments, course design, qualified instructors, evaluation, training resource materials, and learning reinforcement strategies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates long-term strategies associated with a comprehensive training program inclusive of initial orientation, core correctional training, in-service training, as well as professional and supervisory leadership training for all employees within the region.
- Collects the necessary documentation concerning the financial planning and control, including funding requirements, for all specialized training throughout the region to the Corporate Training Director.
- Oversees the implementation of a Master Trainer Certification program for facility employees.
- Identifies, evaluates, and implements cost effective, state-of-the-art, training techniques and systems for classroom and self managed learning delivery options.
- Provides facility Training Administrators with guidance in facilitating courses for volunteers, contractors, or other personnel who are not employees of the facility.
- Assists the field Training Departments with developing immediate and long-range facility goals/objectives.
- Oversees the direction of curriculum development to meet facility and client needs within the region.
- Conducts regional audits on department files to insure that the facility is meeting the minimum requirements of the company and the client.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with emphasis in adult learning, education, or behavioral sciences. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years relevant work experience in Corrections, Law Enforcement or related field, with at least two (2) years experience in management. Three (3) years of the overall experience must be related to design, development and implementation of organization-wide training programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to develop lesson plans and have the ability to translate technical information to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated competency in instructional design, adult learning principles, needs assessment, performance measure and evaluation, process improvement, team building and consulting skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse work group.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and computer skills.
- Extensive travel with frequent overnight stays is required by position.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department