The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRODUCT MANAGER I
at The Geo Group
Facility: BOULDER HEADQUARTERS - EM
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Product Managers - a world of opportunity awaits you! Are you looking for the kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you’ve worked so hard to build? We can help!
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead the product development and marketing processes for assigned hardware products from determination of market need, through design, development, delivery and end of life. Responsible for effectively defining “what” is to be developed. Tracks and resolves issues with all functional groups during the product life cycle.
Must have experience working with Hardware products, Development and Release to market
About the Role
As a Product Manager, you will use your background in leading hardware product development, and marketing process from determination to market along with other assigned products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the product management and marketing processes for assigned products by engaging cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of software, hardware and service products from the design process to customer delivery. Organizes cross-functional activities to ensure product completion in line with marketing requirements, on schedule, and within budget constraints.
* Manages the full life cycle of assigned products from development through end of life,
including oversight of all product improvements. Writes marketing requirements, acts as
business representative during engineering meetings, coordinates the creation of launch materials, and creates positioning materials/statements. Products may be the result of internal Company development, external (partner) development or on a re-sale basis.
* Creates, obtains approval for, and maintains a product road map for each assigned product.
* Researches, evaluates and manages the needs of all end users, including but not limited to agency personnel and monitoring center staff.
* Works closely with Marketing Communications Department and external public relations
firms and advertising agencies to develop marketing requirements and/or promotional
programs for new products/product enhancements according to target market plans.
* Works with the software and hardware development staffs to manage product plans and schedules.
* Tracks and regularly reports to appropriate departments the Company’s progress toward meeting requirements of product development plans.
* Works with software and/or hardware product development teams as appropriate, including participating in review meetings, assisting with schedule development and resolving marketing requirement conflicts.
* Provides a single point of contact to customers, and the Sales and Marketing Departments for all product-related issues for assigned products. Provides subject matter expertise for assigned products/projects.
* Monitors product performance and leads a team that prioritizes which performance issues need to be addressed based on business needs and available resources.
* Delivers training presentations to appropriate audiences as required on the use of assigned products.
* Presents requirements for new systems and systems improvements to customers to ensure that customer needs are met.
* Performs other duties as assigned
What You'll Bring to this Position
As the Product Manager with a background in mobile applications, development and release to market along with other products, you must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated tact when interacting with employees, customers and vendors. You will also need to demonstrate sound judgment and even temperament with the ability to deal tactfully with internal and external customers.
* BA or BS Degree in a Technical, Business, Criminal Justice or related discipline or equivalent experience required.
* Coursework in marketing, communications, computer science or related fields preferred.
* At least 5 years’ experience working with Company hardware and software products. With Focus on Hardware.
* At least 2 years management experience preferred.
* Basic knowledge of project management techniques and practices.
* Strong working knowledge of Company software and hardware electronic monitoring products.
* Ability to communicate effectively with a wide audience, both technical and non-technical.
* Ability to lead and effectively participate in cross-functional teams in a matrix management environment.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and graphics applications.
* Ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
* Sound business judgment.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
* Good writing skills.
* Strategic business vision.
* Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
* Some travel required to industry conferences and customer sites.
As a Product Manager, you will be part of a stable, established, and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification that will present you with a range of different challenges. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Various discount programs