The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PROGRAM MANAGER, DRC
at The Geo Group
Facility: GRS MONTEREY CA, DRC
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for the operational and financial management of a Day Reporting Center (DRC), in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations and Company policy. Reports to Regional Area Manager with close and frequent contact. External customer contact is generally with mid-level city or Parish officials. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with participants and other staff members.
This is a Full-Time role with flexible hours Monday - Friday and weekends on an "as needed" basis
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and directs all activity in the planning, development, implementation, monitoring and supervision of Company programs and services for the DRC using principles of the “What Works” system.
- Ensures that all programs function in a manner that satisfies contractual obligations. Generates timely and accurate reports on the status of program operations and communicates to customers.
- Delivers consistent quality of services by developing and maintaining an environment that promotes excellence in all operations.
- Develops and implements strategies to enable the facility to achieve operational and financial objectives.
- Monitors and evaluates all business processes. Develops and implements process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Manages all revenue and expenses for the facility. Monitors, analyzes and reports on financial outcomes.
- Participates in the financial planning process. Communicates the plan to staff for implementation.
- Manages relationships with existing customer base to ensure a high quality of service, resolve issues promptly and provide customer satisfaction.
- Identifies potential providers, influencers and decision makers in the community in order to build relationships, raise level of Company name recognition and communicate Company results. Develops new business opportunities. Tracks and reports on activities to attract new community provider collaborations.
- May provide direct participant services and/or carry a participant caseload using principles of the “What Works” system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; (2) years experience in a correctional security and rehabilitative programs.
- Five (5) years’experience managing a correctional education program or at least three (3) years of experience in a supervisory capacity preferred
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
- Must possess a working knowledge of program objectives, policies, procedures, correctional laws, applicable court orders and requirements for managing a secure correctional facility.
- Skill in interpretation of policies and procedures and appropriate application to work situations.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff, and philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility.