The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Proposal Capture Manager
at The Geo Group
Facility: GEO CARE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for leading and managing the overall capture and proposal development process for strategic opportunities. It leads a cross-functional team of proposal and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the development of a Request for Proposal (RFP) as well as other proposal related documents for critical must-win procurements. Must be proficient in project management, proposal writing, contract knowledge, proposal development skills and familiarity with Agency needs with the ability to conversate in the Agency’s terminology, policies and organizational structure.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads opportunity life cycle from qualification, identification, creation, and win strategy development for new business and retention of existing contracts.
- Serves as the key liaison with Operations, Finance, Legal, Staffing, Contracting, Tax, Programming and engaged stakeholders.
- Manages and executes full capture life-cycle across multiple simultaneous proposals and prioritizes appropriately with focus on meeting all deliverables and deadlines.
- Develops proposal responses including project plan, objectives, solution, strategy, outcomes, deliverables, implementation, timetable, milestones, staffing, programming, staffing, budget, executive summary and cover letter.
- Maintains proposal-writing standards following Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) best practice and Chicago Manual of Style.
- Effectively communicates with the Capture Team, engaged partners and the Agency.
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned proposals including proposal design, written and graphic content, accurate completion of proposal forms, and inclusion of supporting documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Criminal Justice, Communications, English, Journalism or related field experience.
- Five (5) years Reentry Business Development experience with Federal and State Government contracts, working with contracting officials.
- NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job, but are intended to accurately reflect principal job elements.
- Experience delivering award winning RFPs, developing capture strategy, price to win and a compliant, compelling response.
- Ability to understand client needs, develop win themes and proposal to meet or exceed client expectations. • Understanding of contract types (IDIQ, RFP, ITN, ITB, RFI)
- Excellent business writing skills to develop relevant, compliant RFP responses.
- Professional competency in oral and written communications.
- Excellent facilitation, organization, attention to detail, and time management skills, including the ability to schedule and manage the proposal development life-cycle and process.
- Experience in writing, editing, design, layout and proposal production.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork, interpersonal skills, flexibility, ability to motivate and a “do-what it takes” work ethic.
- APMP Foundation Level certification and project management certification such as PMP or Lean Six Sigma preferred.
- Proficient with negotiation, presentation, and meeting facilitation skills.
- Well-developed reasoning, problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical abilities.
- Strong knowledge of the MS Office Suite. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word.
- Familiarity with Qvidian and Salesforce.com preferred.
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, and InDesign preferred.