The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: Moore Heaven Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Supervises, develops, and administers records management policies designed to facilitate effective and efficient handling of facility and inmate records and other information.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises records management policies intended to standardize filing, protecting, and retrieving records, reports, and other information contained on various storage media.
- Ensures that record management procedures are followed accordingly.
- Consults with user departments to ensure methods and workflow improve efficiency of records management and comply with legal records requirements.
- Assists in planning, developing, and implementing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Coordinates activities of departments involved with records management analysis, reports analysis, and other records-related support services.
- Evaluates staff reports, utilizing knowledge of principles of records and information management, administrative processes and systems, cost control, governmental record keeping requirements, and organizational objectives
- Confers with other administrators to assure compliance with policies, procedures, and practices of records management program.
- Performs the work of a Records Clerk as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- One (1) year of previous experience in a records environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the work of others.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.