The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: CONTINUUM OF CARE
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position independently develops specific strategies for research design, data collection and data analysis and to produce draft documents to communicate the outcomes of those strategies. This position ensures that deliverables are timely and meet quality standards. Finally, it works with IT and Field Operations to develop comprehensive and efficient methods for reporting data in dashboard and report formats.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs methodologies to answer specific research questions.
- Responsible for the data analysis process which includes data mining, data collection, data manipulation using sophisticated statistical techniques, production of graphs and tables and draft report preparation.
- Designs, develops and maintains Key Performance Indicators (KPI) dashboards for all prison and community service program
- Implements necessary data transformations and underlying functions to support the creation and maintenance of performance indicators including implementation of dashboards.
- Facilitates research partnerships that bring together operations management, customers, and researchers in order to learn from each other how best to improve program
- Develops reports and presentations from evaluation activities and research
- Designs and performs intermediate outcome studies for residential and non-residential reentry programs.
- Analyzes program outcomes and uses data to drive initiatives to increase program effectiveness with respect to client outcomes and cost
- Compiles, evaluates, analyzes and reports outcome measures and recidivism rates to validate the success of the Company’s
- Provides guidance to and support the work of the Research Analyst.
- Manages workload and assign projects and tasks to the Research Analyst.
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Research Director, support jurisdictions to improve their evaluation methodology.
- Works with and supports the Research Director and other program staff as
- Recruits and supervises criminal justice interns to assist in evaluation activities.
- Performs other duties as
- Master’s degree in business administration, Economics, Political Science, statistics, public administration or related
- Five (5) years of professional level experience in policy analysis, data analysis, research work or quality assurance, preferably in a criminal justice or corrections
- Effective written and oral communication skills with internal and external contacts at all
- Advance Knowledge of the principles and techniques of collecting, tracking, analyzing and presenting statistical
- Knowledge of advanced multivariate statistical techniques, such as logistic regression, Poisson regression, Cox proportional hazards models and factor analysis commonly used in corrections
- Demonstrated ability to use SPSS, SQL or Access.
- Advanced knowledge of research methods especially quasi-experimental research methods
- Experience with criminal justice and corrections programs (e.g., electronic monitoring, alternative sentencing, and community service programs and probation, parole, detention and pre-trial services).
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with program staff in deterring what data needs to be accessed, extracted, reviewed and regularly
- Ability to travel at least 35% or as required
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the