The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Residential Adolescent Supervisor
at The Geo Group
Facility: ABRAXAS OF OHIO
Compensation Base: 42,000
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services.
Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
- This is a professional position providing a full range of services to direct the therapeutic care and rehabilitation of adolescents. Incumbent is responsible for the day to day operation of a specific unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Major Activity: Provides for the clinical management of the residents and their activities.
- Coordinates and conducts milieu management activities, including: resident activities, crisis intervention, process meetings, off campus activities and seminars and special events.
- Supervises the performance of individual and group counseling and the facilitation on the I.O.P. programming.
- Reviews case files and consults on treatment planning.
- Reviews and/or approves client movement, to include: transfers, discharge and aftercare plans.
Major Activity: Provides supervision and guidance to direct care staff.
- Schedules staff to ensure adequate coverage at all times.
- Conducts staff meetings.
- Evaluates the training needs of staff and makes recommendations to meet those
- Ensures compliance with program policies and procedures and regulatory
- Initiates and/or prepares subordinate performance evaluations.
- Provides subordinates with corrective action as necessary.
- Provides subordinates with supervisory conferences as needed.
Major Activity: Provides direct clinical support as needed.
- Performs individual and group counseling as needed.
- Facilitates the implementation of I.O.P. programming as needed.
- Participates in conferences for the discussion of behavior, diagnosis and progress of residents.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 21 years of age.
- Ability to utilize a team concept of supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human service field with three years of related experience,