The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Supervisor, Distribution
at The Geo Group
Facility: BOULDER HEADQUARTERS - EM
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Located in Gunbarrel - BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and the largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions in the United States. We excel at proving technological solutions to over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical complexities.
Supervises the warehousing, shipping and receiving and cleaning of all materials for production and service. Responsibilities include timely delivery of quality materials to production and customer while implementing processes and procedures to ensure efficiency, high quality standards, and employee training.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises warehouse, receiving, inventory, cleaning and shipping teams in distribution.
- Sets up import/export licenses for received and shipped materials.
- Manages carrier contracts and understands the regulations required to support purchasing materials.
- Complies with international shipping including incoterms and utilization of freight forwarders.
- Ensures required outputs are met to support all manufacturing lines while maintaining the level of required cleanliness, timeliness and quality standards.
- Monitors and meets all order accuracy requirements and expectations.
- Provides security and accountability of materials and goods with inventory control
- Ensures robust processes and procedures are in place for hazardous waste, lithium ion batteries and coordinates cost effective, efficient and traceable movement of materials and products, both in-bound and out-bound.
- Communicates with Management on daily operational activities. Conducts daily team meetings.
- Collaborates with other areas within the organization to maximize productivity and performance.
- Develops onboarding and training program for each position supervised to include cross training. Encourages development opportunities for current employees.
- Generates distribution department productivity reports regarding labor standards, and accounts for all labor hours, adhering to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and divisional goals.
- Establishes metrics for process efficiency, quality and through put and inventory control. Provides reports to upper level management on a regular basis.
- Manages daily department procedures and reporting to maximize productivity.
- Interacts with all business channels and vendors to provide external and internal customer service to all parties.
- Partner with HR team to hire, train, evaluate and develop teams.
- Ensure a cross-trained workforce is available for redeployment to alternate areas, as required, based on fluctuating business demands.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to the position
- Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience required.
- At least three years of supervisory experience.
- Experience using the Syteline or equivalent MRP application.
- At least five years of experience with materials management.
- Create an environment where associates are motivated to do their best.
- Identify and analyze problems and suggest alternative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Give and receive constructive feedback.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and dependability.
- Highly motivated, energetic and capable to address issues with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to report and recommend solutions to challenges.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize work based on delivery schedule
- Solid computer skills with working knowledge of MS Work and Excel
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Benefits3 weeks paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Various discount programs
- Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today!