The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SPECIAL PROJECTS MANAGER
at The Geo Group
Facility: PROJECT DEVELOPMENT
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position manages, coordinates and provides completed design layouts for facility renovations and new projects of limited scope. Works with regional office, facilities, and corporate managers to define and implement detailed space plans to address space requirements within time and budget constraints. In addition, this position manages, reviews and approves the design layout work of consulting architects and engineers. Finally, it ensures all proposal development deliverables are completed within necessary timelines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and develops layout of space. Facilitates project preparation for new and remodeled facilities by obtaining site information and preparing layout design. Consults with corporate and field management and consultants in the layout and design of the facility.
- Coordinates all phases of special design projects including design concept; installation; specifications; inventory, purchase, delivery of modular components; field observation; and any other design elements necessary to support new construction, renovations, and reorganizations.
- Manages the work of consultants, architects, and engineers by reviewing their work and approving their designs, plans and specifications.
- Verifies that company design standards have been met according to the established guidelines, objectives, and concepts. May provide on site job inspection comparing construction drawings to final build out with special attention paid to security, finishes, lighting, and office layout.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction Management, or related field.
- Five (5) years of progressive work experience demonstrating the ability to work independently on projects, knowledge of how projects need to be completed, and the ability to ensure that projects stay within necessary budgets and timeframes.
- Demonstrated project design responsibility for multi-million dollar institutional projects.
- Demonstrated department and office management responsibility.
- Ability to utilize experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to perform a variety of complex tasks.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time with ever changing deadlines.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software (AutoCAD, MS Excel, and MS Project) typically used by the department.