The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3P6FR63YDLVDYS57WF
Facility: KINGMAN COMPLEX
Compensation Base: $54,080 Anually
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position supervises the staff and activities within the facility’s substance abuse program. Typical duties of this position including supervising the work of the Substance Abuse Counselors, planning, coordinating, and implementing substance abuse counseling activities, and coordinating with other departments, divisions, agencies, and community organizations to ensure the maximum utilization of resources available for chemical dependency treatment and rehabilitation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the overall success of all functions and responsibilities in the Substance Abuse program. Supervises all substance abuse work through the Substance Abuse Counselors. Performs and participates in the annual evaluation process of the Substance Abuse Counselor. Participates in any disciplinary processes, if necessary.
- Trains, mentors, and guides the Substance Abuse Counselors to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the program.
- Interviews, screens, and evaluates inmates for potential program participation; provides substance abuse counseling and educational services; and implements follow-up and aftercare programs.
- Compiles data and submits reports, related documentations; maintains offender records to include assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, discharge summaries, and discharge plans; and disseminates information on resources for follow-up treatment.
- Provides technical assistance and maintains inmate records and documents pertaining to the services provided, to include, an inmates attendance, progress, and additional needs.
- Performs moderately complex work involving the care and custody of inmates. Maintains security and order among inmates within the facility. Responsible for preventing escape and maintaining discipline in conformance with strict rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a chemical dependency field.
- Licensed Associate (LASAC) or Independent (LISAC) Substance Abuse Counselor
- Three (3) years full-time, wage-earning experience in substance abuse treatment. One (1) year previous experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of agency and departmental organizational structure, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Skill to interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Skill to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely.
- Skill to plan, organize, and assign the work of others.
- Skill to prepare and maintain accurate records, files, and reports.
- Skill to coordinate with other staff, officials, departments, agencies, organizations, and the public.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!