The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: WESTERN REGION DETENTION FACILITY AT SAN DIEGO
Compensation Base: $50,940 annually
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position oversees and monitors staff performance in the management of detainees' records. This includes the review and index of records for long term storage.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the custodian of records and honors court subpoenas when presented to The GEO Group, Inc pertaining to inmate records in our custody.
- Manages the overall operation of the employees in the records office, establishes goals and objectively evaluates their effectiveness and reviews their progress; reviews training and needs for personal development.
- Maintains daily the separatee list of the detainee population to monitor appropriate housing assignments.
- Maintains contact with outside agencies as required.
- Coordinates legal calls, PO visits and generates a schedule
- Generates and updates a list of active detainees that are due for 90 days review and thereafter.
- Performs internal audits in accordance with the standards and policies that pertain to records.
- Must be able to provide instruction to subordinate staff, maintains sensitive information and manages multiple projects with potentially conflicting deadlines.
- meets multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines and works well with all levels of management. must be able to work and interact with others in a harmonious and professional manner.
- Displays initiative on seeing additional responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. College courses preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience specifically with a records management duty.
- One (1) year in a position requiring supervisory responsibilities preferred.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures with sound business practices.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and knowledge in the performance of complex, confidential, and difficult duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.