The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: DELANEY HALL
Compensation Base: $22.60 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides overall supervision of Case Managers at a facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all case managers
- Plans, directs and manages the duties in the case management staff
- Provides coaching or disciplinary sessions to case managers
- Responds to crisis and executes appropriate intervention protocol
- Executes company on-the-job training for new case managers
- Trains case managers in areas of responsibility
- Supervises staff in the maintenance of resident clinical files and preparation of proper forms and documents
- Performs periodic reviews and audits of clinical files and case management procedures
- Conducts case manager progress reports and annual evaluations
- Establishes and monitors inmate offender work programs and coordinates the inmate offender payroll system
- Develops and/or manages unit program schedules
- Conducts orientation programs to advise resident offenders of required policies and procedures
- Conducts periodic tours and inspections of the unit to ensure maintenance, safety and security
- Conducts and/or participates in weekly staff meetings
- Advises management staff in areas of inmate offender management problems and other areas of concerns
- Keeps staff informed of upcoming events and company initiatives
- Participates in mandatory company training programs
- May perform the duties of a Case Manager, to provide backup when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, or a related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in case management either through a correctional facility or in the social services field.
- Supervisory experience, preferred.
- Good knowledge of general office practices and procedures, including budget preparation and control.
- Must have knowledge of proper correctional philosophy and policy to assist the staff in all aspects of case/inmate management.
- Must be knowledgeable in the basic principles of offender case management.
- Must be knowledgeable of general business practices and procedures with knowledge of principles, practices and methods used in case management.
- Ability to speak, understand and write clearly.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public, subordinates, and offenders.
- Ability to develop and implement new practices, policies and procedures.
- Ability to represent management when dealing with offenders.
- Ability to develop new practices and procedures.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer