The Legacy Rehab and Care Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Post Acute Unit Manager
at The Legacy Rehab and Care Center
Our facility is looking for a registered nurse to fulfill the Post Acute Unit Manager position. The Post Acute Unit Manager will plan, coordinate, supervise, and direct the Medicare and managed care programs of the facility to ensure the highest degree of quality of care in accordance with all laws, regulations, and Legacy standards.
Reports to the Director of Nursing (DON)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Knowledgeable of nursing practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functions in the long-term care facility
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Medicare and managed care programs
- Must understand and follow company policies, including abuse and complaint procedures
- Must case manage all Medicare/Managed Care during stay and follow-up with community resources to monitor outcomes
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents
- Must be able to ensure all nursing personnel comply with the policies and procedures related to the Medicare and managed care programs
- Must be able to review medical data to coordinate the appropriateness of skilled services
- Must be able to inform residents and families of Medicare denial necessity and manage Medicare denial letters
- Must be able to monitor the physician’s signed progress notes, physician’s orders, and certification/re-certification documentation, and nurse’s notes
- Must practice dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs floor to waist, lift 10 lbs waist to shoulder, lift and carry 40 lbs, and push/pull 40 lbs
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- AS or BS degree in Nursing (RN) preferred.
- Must be currently registered/licensed with applicable state.
- Prior experience in Medicare and managed care programs.
- Prior long-term care preferred.
- Attends continuing education courses to ensure nursing re-licensure.
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
- Works in office as well as throughout facility (i.e., resident rooms, therapy rooms)
- Walks or stands up to six hours per day
- Subject to frequent interruptions
- Involved with residents, associates, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances
- Subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc.
- Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily as necessary
- Subject to falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday
- Possible exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to AIDS and hepatitis B viruses
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.