The Lingenfelter Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plant Operations Director
at The Lingenfelter Center
Job Reference #: 218365966
PRIMARY / ESSENTIAL ROLE DUTIES:
- Order supplies and equipment for all facilities.
- Coordinate pricing and supplies with vendors as needed to suit the needs of each facility.
- Receive and checks incoming shipments, verify quantities are correct
- Processes paperwork, such as packing slips and receiving reports
- Maintain inventory for accountability
- Delivers supplies and equipment to facilities
- Ensure supplies are kept in stock, at par and supplied in the facilities
- Report to Administrator any unusual amount of use, and/or type of purchase requests
- Oversee maintenance directors at all facilities to ensure Federal and State compliance
- Ensure all maintenance directors are staying within allowed budget
- Review all maintenance quotes, bids and contracts for all facilities and submit contracts for administrative approval and signature
- Compiles an inventory of all facility equipment and systems and develops preventative maintenance procedure for each item
- Assist Administrators with maintenance director evaluations
- Responsible for department adherence to company policies and procedures
- Oversee environmental directors to ensure Federal and State compliance
- Responsible for hiring and ensuring appropriate training for environmental employees
- Responsible for environmental staff scheduling
- Handles all discussions, evaluations and HR paperwork with environmental employees
- Responsible for environmental staff productivity and quality
- Maintains the following facility support systems through department personnel or outside contractors: heating, cooling, ventilation, water, plumbing, electrical, electronic, communication systems, appliances, equipment, and grounds.
- Recommends development, improvement, alteration, and redecoration of physical plant and grounds to the Administrator.
- Acts as the facility Safety Director.
- Perform life safety checks throughout the facility on a routine basis to ensure compliance.
- Handle emergency situations as they arise and act as the incident commander when needed.
- Maintaining the heating and cooling units/systems in proper working condition, as specified by the manufacturer. Prior to the onset of seasonal changes, assist in inspecting the system for loose wires, broken lines, leaks, etc. and pre-start unit/system to assure proper working order
- Create, maintain, and be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill & Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information
- Create and or participate in programs designed for in-service education, on the job training, and orientation classes for newly assigned department personnel when necessary
- Assist in the implementations of departmental policies and procedures to assure that the maintenance of the premises, facility, and equipment is current at all times
- Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility records/information.
- All other assigned duties
- Must be able to reach, walk, twist, bend, stoop, sit or stand for variable lengths of time
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 100 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to see, hear, and speak clearly
- Must be able to work with chemicals and cleaning agents
- Must be able to work in high/low temperatures and high humidity
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum of two (2) years experience with purchasing, billing, and accounts/payable
- Two years college or technical training preferred.
- Three years building maintenance, three years supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior experience or ability to learn scanning system
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write legibly and understand and follow directions
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient in math and have the ability to communicate well
- Knowledge of Life Safety Code, state nursing home and residential care regulations preferred.
- Long Term Care experience preferred.
- Leadership Role, 2 years preferred
- Ability to support a culture of safety and quality for the organization.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!