The Medical Center of Southeast Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
House Supervisor - PRN
at The Medical Center of Southeast Texas
Under the general supervision of the Department Director, the House Supervisor, assumes administrative and technical responsibilities for the assigned unit of service. In collaboration with the Department Director, the House Supervisor:
- Assumes responsibility for the unit of service on designated shift and coordinates activities of nursing personnel on other shifts as applicable.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the patient care staff.
- Provides ongoing management and supervision of the unit of service to promote the overall quality of patient care services.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within the unit of service based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the Unit with collaboration with the in unusual situations.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Current licensure in
as a Registered Nurse. Texas
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice in provision of nursing care services with emphasis on leadership and management experience preferred.
- Certification level courses (ACLS, NRP, etc.) as per department specific competencies.