The Medical Center of Southeast Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Advocate (FT - Risk Management)
at The Medical Center of Southeast Texas
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1900744
Categories: Healthcare - Support Services, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Reporting to the hospital Risk Management Director, will investigate, resolve, document and report patient and visitor complaints and concerns. Facilitate resolution of complaints and grievances of patients, family members and visitors. Develop, implement and participate in customer service and patient relations initiatives. Provide monthly accountability and variance analysis of customer service outcomes. Will assist in lost and found reconciliation. Participate in committees and initiatives under the supervision of the Director of Risk Management.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Current licensed vocational nurse.
- Three years of relevant experience in a health care or patient advocacy environment.
- Possess strong customer service skills and interpersonal interactions.
- Ability to handle difficult and angry people constructively.
- Excellent analytical skills, including analysis, planning, organizing and troubleshooting.
- Proficient in Windows-based operating software and systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Adaptability with high tolerance for ambiguous work situations.
- Ability to address difficult, awkward situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in conjunction with staff in a supportive way to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Must be visible to staff, offering support and modeling service behaviors and concern for resolution processes.
- Must be a team player and have proven success applying a team approach to obtain resolution to an issue or successfully accomplish a goal.
- Knowledge of healthcare environment and regulatory requirements regarding patient rights preferred.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!