Town of Marana
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Public Works Supervisor
at Town of Marana
TOWN OF MARANA:
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking a Public Works Supervisor to work in the Facilities Maintenance Division of the Public Works Department. This is a full-time position and an exciting opportunity for someone interested in having a direct impact on providing a safe and clean environment for Town employees.
Hiring Range: $48,134.11 - $55,890.00
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Provides leadership and development to assigned staff; establishes goals and objectives; evaluates work performance.
- Participates in the recruitment process, ensures policy and procedure compliance, and monitors employee relations matters; may train inmate crews.
- Manages day-to-day operations and maintenance.
- Coordinates staff schedules and projects; manages labor, inventory and verifies the effective use of resources and quality work.
- Manages customer service inquiries and complaints.
- Maintains and inspects for safety and quality standards.
- Identifies areas of the Town's infrastructure in need of repair and maintenance for corrective action.
- Ensures compliance with laws, training, regulations, policies and safety standards.
- Assists in the development of budget and project priorities.
- Assists in the preparation of bid specifications for projects, equipment, and budget; oversees project management.
- Associates degree in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience that provides the desired knowledge, skills & abilities to successfully perform essential functions maybe considered.
- Over three years journey level experience in a construction trade (i.e., plumbing, heating/ventilation/air conditioning, electrical, carpentry, etc.); or as a building construction or facilities supervisor.
- Over one year of supervisory experience
- Valid Arizona driver license
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and a 50 pound lift test
- Ability to pass both the Town of Marana background check and a motor vehicle records check
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications may be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system. Posting will remain open until filled. First review date will be February 11, 2019.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-1900 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resources Staff Contact
Loren Churchman /520.382.1934/ firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position with the Town of Marana, please click the link below. The application must be filled out by the posted close date in order to be considered.