Town of Marana
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Town of Marana
- Town of Marana
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
- Position Description
The Town of Marana is seeking a Recreation Supervisor of the Sports and Fitness division within Parks and Recreation.This is a full-time position and an exciting opportunity for someone interested in providing diverse recreational opportunities that create economic benefits and a healthy lifestyle. The Recreation Supervisor functions as a front line supervisor managing programming, registration and administration of recreational activities in the Sports Programs.
The Town offers a competitive benefits package: http://www.maranaaz.gov/benefits
Hiring Range: $49,578 - $53,745
- Examples of Duties
- Develops, prepares, administers & delivers exceptional fitness and sport programs, leagues, tournaments, events and activities for youth and adults.
- Performs ongoing evaluation of programs and services to identify community needs and recommends appropriate new offerings, or modifications based upon feedback from the public.
- Manages facilities ensuring safe public use; coordinates communications and support with external agencies. Manages department's field allocation process, provides data and reports to maximize facility use.
- Supervises and coordinates recreation service delivery; recommends recreational policies and procedures; prepares budget recommendations.
- Administer facility and instructor contracts related to recreation service delivery and ensure compliance with terms of contracts; monitors work of contractors.
- Provides leadership and development to assigned staff; establishes goals and objectives; participates in the recruitment process, evaluates work performance, ensures policy and procedure compliance, and monitors employee relations matters.
- Supervises the day-to-day operation of planned and coordinated programs; coordinates and designs promotional and reqistration material; manages customer service inquires.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Management, Physical Education, Sport Management, Sport Administration or other related field
- Over three (3) years experience developing, implementing, scheduling and evaluating recreation programs
- Over two (2) years supervisory experience
- First Aid, AED and CPR certifications
- Valid Arizona Driver License
- Ability to pass both the Town of Marana background check and fingerprint clearance.
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage program delivery at multiple sites.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build community relationships
- Certified Youth Sports Administrator (NAYS)
- Certified Parks and Recreation Professional (CPRP)
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
REVIEW PROCESS: Job posting will remain open until a sufficient number of applicants have met the minimum requirements and have been scheduled for interviews. A first review date of applications will begin on November 16, 2020.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-1900 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resource Staff Contact
Loren Churchman /(520) 382-1934/ firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issues with the NEOGOV site, please contact Customer Support at (855) 524-5627.
The Town of Marana is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any stage of the application/exam process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department prior to any deadlines related to this recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you would like this publication in an alternative format.