TruWest Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager-Real Estate Servicing
at TruWest Credit Union
Summary of Responsibilities:
This service orientated position is responsible to assist in developing and maintaining the mortgage servicing operation of TruWest Credit Union, to accomplish company and department goals and directives to achieve maximum profits and member / customer satisfaction. Ensures that all servicing duties are performed timely and in compliance with state and federal regulations while demonstrating the values shown on the TruWest Credit Union’s Mission, Vision and Values card.
A high school education or GED is required. A two-year college degree or specialized training is preferred.
Three to five years of Real Estate servicing experience is required. In lieu of real estate servicing experience, 3 years of escrow or title experience or a combination of both.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Lending knowledge of HMDA, TILA-RESPA/FCRA/Reg X/Reg Z
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult, provide insight and guidance.
- Strong customer service skills are a must as the incumbent will have direct contact with internal and external customers.
- A thorough working knowledge of loss mitigation is a benefit.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to problem solve
- Working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for Real Estate Servicing.
- Develop and implement effective and efficient processes while abiding by applicable rules, regulations, and Credit Union guidelines.
- Proficient at educating and clearly explaining to members and coworkers the Real Estate servicing process.
- Supports front line staff with member loan issues, payment issues or reversals. Researches, trouble shoots and resolves loan or loan servicing issues. Fields and responds to requests for loan payoffs. Acts and follows through on member related issues.
- Thorough understanding of the title process.
- Process subordinations, payoffs and lien releases.
- Record documents. Research lien recordings and chain of title, and understand the ACH process.
- Audit flood and homeowners’ insurance and property taxes.
- Supports various department functions such as: tracks Real Estate line of credit draw period expiration; loan subordination requests, verification of mortgage and deed releases.
- Maintain continuous compliance education and training. Stays current on applicable regulations, credit union policies, operational controls, safety measures, service, and security procedures to ensure compliance throughout assigned areas of the Credit Union.
- Follow credit union policies for compliance with all laws and regulations, specifically, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, Security Policies and Confidentiality Policies.
- Assigned projects as determined by department management, keeping management informed of any critical areas.
- Ensure all required documents are sent in a timely manner to maintain a high level of compliance.
- Responsible for providing exceptional service to both internal and external customers.
- Proactively performs other duties as needed or assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and regularly lift objects of up to 15 lbs.; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms above shoulder height and below the waist; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, the ability to adjust focus; and the ability to utilize computers and focus on computer monitors for extended periods of time.
This job description does not constitute an Employment Agreement. This job description does not restrict TruWest Credit Union from the ability to assign, re-assign or eliminate duties and responsibilities of this job at any time. This job description describes the current assignment of essential functions. These functions may change at any time as the needs of the credit union or department change or for other reasons deemed appropriate