Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior IT Category Manager (Procurement Manager)
The Senior Category Manager is theprimary support for the Strategic Sourcing team's internal customers,addressing the sourcing needs of their assigned business partners and acting astheir key contact.
The Senior Category Manager, InformationTechnology (IT) is responsible for developing sourcing strategies focused onTTEC's IT supplier base. The SeniorCategory Manager will work with multiple categories within the IT space includingHardware, Software, Telecom, Maintenance, Infrastructure, Security, and ITConsulting Services. For the assigned categories, you are to develop a deepunderstanding of the supply base and best-in-class sourcing practices in thatindustry, applying that knowledge to TTEC's advantage. For your internal customers, you are to actas a single point of contact for a broad range of issues, facilitating thenavigation of the procurement process, working with other members of the teamwhen outside of their assigned sourcing category. While the role is based inDenver CO, relocation or remote work may be considered.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide deepfunctional and technical strategic sourcing, procurement and negotiationexpertise within IT categories including hardware, software, data centerhosting as well as network and develop, manage, and implement strategicsourcing initiatives through on-going market and spend analysis;
- Assist in theoverall strategy for the respective categories. Effectively plan, develop andlead the process related to sourcing events (RFPs).
- Manage thenegotiation of contract terms and conditions, cost savings, service levels, andperformance standards to meet desired outcomes;
- Develop ahigh-quality global supply base for the assigned categories, with suppliers whoare positioned to meet TTEC's current and future needs;
- Track categoryspend, as well as develop and implement a cost savings plan for each category
- Review, correctand process telecom-based circuit orders and terminations globally (SIP, MPLS,INET etc.);
- Work withAccounts Payable and Finance teams to ensure accuracy in credit applications toinvoices;
- Manage andarrange quarterly business reviews (QBRs) with key suppliers and businessstakeholders;
- Manage anevaluation process to assess supplier capabilities, financial stability, andon-going performance using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and scorecarddevelopment;
- Keep up withindustry trends in the assigned categories and develop influentialrelationships with key supplier contacts;
- Support TTECprocurement policy and standard improvements. Encourage and enforce compliancewith business stakeholders and suppliers;
- Other duties andspend categories as assigned.
What skills you'll need:
- BA/BS orequivalent professional experience;
- 10 years experiencesourcing, procuring from, and negotiating with IT providers such as Oracle, Microsoft,VMWare, Cisco, Avaya, Palo Alto, Ribbon Technologies, AT&T, CenturyLink andother IT providers;
- Understanding ofthe Information Technology category space with proven ability to remainup-to-date on technology and contractual trends;
- Excellentrelationship management skills and a drive to deliver excellent customerservice;
- Proven experiencein contract review and negotiation;
- Demonstratedability to drive budget impacting cost savings and improved contractual termsand conditions;.
- Experience withdoing business with global companies and familiarity in global anti-corruptionlaws;
- Experience inimplementing cost reduction initiatives in a global, multi-business environment;
- Confidence tooperate independently;
- Experience withMicrosoft Office, OracleiProcurement, Oracle Purchasing (preferred)
TTEC requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check and depending on location and client program a drug test, as a condition of employment. TeleTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.